Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/23/2012 10:06:28 AM EDT
Okay I am almost done with my first build and while removing the delta ring today in preparation to install my new 556 Tactical handrail I noticed that with the magazine in and the hammer forward, the bolt catch sticks because the hammer hits the magazine lever. Here are pictures to show what I am talking about

Hammer down
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/diveanx/AR%20Build/hammerdown.jpg

Hammer up and against the lever for the bolt catch
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg91/diveanx/AR%20Build/hammerup.jpg

I do not remember my M16 having this issue. Have I installed something wrong? I have gone through everything and do not see anything wrong. Please help
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 10:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll bet if you remove the empty mag and then release the pressure of the hammer on the catch it will then pop down.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 11:55:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Even with the mag removed the hammer still hits the bolt catch. I just to know if that is normal?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#3]
With the lower exposed.... yes. When the upper and lower are mated together the hammer comes up through the center of the bcg and allows the hammer to
strike the firing pin instead of slapping the catch.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
With the lower exposed.... yes. When the upper and lower are mated together the hammer comes up through the center of the bcg and allows the hammer to
strike the firing pin instead of slapping the catch.

+1.  Here's hoping that you haven't pulled the trigger without holding the hammer.  Doing so can damage the receiver or bolt catch.

ETA: Nice looking build.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:48:04 PM EDT
[#5]
DUH now I feel like a dumbass LOL I forget that he hits inside of the BCG. and no I have not pulled the trigger without holding the hammer. I didnt think anything was wrong. Just typed way too fast instead of thinking for a bit. Thanks as always you guys are awesome
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top