Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2010 6:01:21 PM EDT
I'd like to get a slick side upper for a dedicated .22 build. I'm looking to keep it pretty inexpensive and simple (so no nice, expensive billet uppers). So far the best I've found is DPMS.

Any out there y'all can recommend? Show pictures/links if you can.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Think twice about that idea. I shoot a conversion unit in a A1 upper and I get blowback that hits me in the cheek. I've only shot it in an A1, so I wonder if the shell deflector on an A2 helps block some of this.
Link Posted: 8/31/2010 8:59:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Colt 9mm A1 upper is slickside.
Nodak slickside uppers are... slickside
RRA 9mm flattop upper is slickside.
Both do NOT have the gastube hole drilled, and come with a gasdeflector (which CMMG now employs on their .22 uppers) which is a "plus" for your .22 build.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:12:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Think twice about that idea. I shoot a conversion unit in a A1 upper and I get blowback that hits me in the cheek. I've only shot it in an A1, so I wonder if the shell deflector on an A2 helps block some of this.

Thanks for the heads up. Perhaps I will check out some 9mm uppers like the next poster suggested with a big deflector.
Link Posted: 9/1/2010 3:41:13 AM EDT
[#4]
RRA slickside upper brass deflector can be easily swapped for a regular port door if you like.
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 8:28:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Here's a Model 1 9mm upper.  About $130 with a full sized dust cover, no CH, and no carrier assembly.  No FA or case deflector.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 2:16:29 PM EDT
[#6]
les baer makes an upper with no fa but a standard deflector.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Tactical Solutions LT
replaced w/ DPMS slickside upper.

the walls are a little thicker than standard uppers

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top