Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/12/2003 11:43:35 AM EDT
I have been looking for a new AR and am seriously thinking of buying a Colt.  What is the general consensus of the slab sides?

Also what about the Competition H-Bars?

Any help on what to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:19:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have two Colts, both slabsides. Ones a blue label with a sear block and the other is a green label with no sear block. I'm no expert,  but I believe the slabsides just preceeds the ones with the fence. All slabsides should be preban. Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 12:31:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one of each, but if the Mrs told me I had to sell one the match target would be gone.  Pro to early slabside is no sear block, con is large takedown pin (which is a pain in the butt screw).  Vice versa for later blue labels.  I agree that slabsides are all preban.  No mag fence means you have to be careful in any SHTF scenario, but if you keep the mag release snug you really have to have banged it to drop a mag.

Go with the preban no matter what you'll appreciate it, if the ban goes its still a collectible, and they really don't make em like the used to.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top