Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2003 12:15:03 PM EDT
I have an ace ARFX-E and I am looking for a single point sling. Problem is the mounting point. I hate the "flimsy" Uncle Mikes quick release that comes with the ARFX-E stock. The first time that I let go of the rifle to go to the sidearm, the Uncle Mikes quick release ring popped open and my rifle went straight down into the mud (and yes, it was "locked"). Any suggestions on a better mounting point for the HK quick release ends?  Does anyone make anything that will thread into the Ace mounting points?   Anyone have any pictures or links?  Thanks

Steven
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:19:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Edit:  No it was a different thread where this question was asked.  By you.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Edit:  No it was a different thread where this question was asked.  By you.
View Quote

huh??
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You don't remember posting:

I have an ARFX_E stock and I cant find a decent sling setup. As for that Uncle Mike's quick release ring that it comes with, the first (yes the FIRST)time I let go of the AR and went for the sidearm, the ring popped open and my AR went barrell down into the mud. (Yes it was threaded "locked")

Anyone have a better setup than this Uncle Mikes Quick Release Ring? Thanks
View Quote
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 2:44:19 PM EDT
[#4]
yes, I remember posting it.  I also remember you posting:

"I'll post some pics after dinner, but I'm using a Wilderness Single Point sling with a Hushstalker sling swivel with my ARFX and really like the setup."

I dont think that you ever got around to posting those pictures....

Thanks for the reminder of the post though, I am going to order those Hushstalker sling rings right away.  BTW, how do they lock shut? Is it a threaded screw like on the Uncle Mikes?   Thanks Again,

Steven
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]
[img]http://thewilderness.com/catalog/images/quake_swiv.jpg[/img]

The entire rod that goes through the sling swivel screws in and out.  It takes a minute longer to get the sling on or off compared the Uncle Mikes, but it's not going to come off by accident.  A very simple and durable design.  In the picture above you can see where the end of the rod sticks the side about 1/4" and is flattened so you can twist it with your fingers or a Leatherman.  

I'll post a pic as soon as I can find the sling.  I pulled it off a few weeks ago while I was swapping uppers around to see what I liked and the sling got tossed in a box.  I know it's around here somewhere...
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 9:23:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have an ace ARFX-E and I am looking for a single point sling. Problem is the mounting point. I hate the "flimsy" Uncle Mikes quick release that comes with the ARFX-E stock. The first time that I let go of the rifle to go to the sidearm, the Uncle Mikes quick release ring popped open and my rifle went straight down into the mud (and yes, it was "locked"). Any suggestions on a better mounting point for the HK quick release ends?  Does anyone make anything that will thread into the Ace mounting points?   Anyone have any pictures or links?  Thanks

Steven
View Quote

Did the swivel break?  If it didn't, I can't see how it unlocked on its own.

I use this Mil-Spec swivel with a standard GI sling as a single point on my ARFX(s):

[img]http://www.butlercreek.com/images/MilSpec%20Swivel.jpg[/img]

As you can see it's pretty sturdy, and I haven't had any problems with it unlocking.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 12:09:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the pics (both of you).   That is exactly what I was looking for.  Last question....will a sling adaptor ring for an M4 type telestock fit between the ARFX stock and the receiver?  

Steven
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:51:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Thanks for the pics (both of you).   That is exactly what I was looking for.  Last question....will a sling adaptor ring for an M4 type telestock fit between the ARFX stock and the receiver?  

Steven
View Quote

If you don't get a reply from a board member on this, you might want to contact Ace Ltd. directly.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 9:56:18 AM EDT
[#9]
There's no reason that it wouldn't fit, but why on Earth would you want to?  The two biggest advantages to the ARFX are the length and having the sling swivel in a position where you won't bang your knuckles on it when using the charging handle.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top