Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/30/2011 12:07:39 PM EDT
I thought there was a thread on this before but I couldn't find it.

Anyhow I have all the parts coming in the mail to build my first pistol including the mounting hardware for both single and two point.

Single Point:
-Magpul ASP

Two Point :
- Troy M4 OEM QD FDE & Noveske QD adapter
- Magpul ASP & Magpul RSA

I haven't bought a sling till I decide which mounting method to use.

The pistol is
Spikes Tactical Tube / Foam
Flat Top M4 upper
Troy 9" TRX Extreme FDE
7.5 Barrel w/ Noveske KX3
Magpul MOE and trigger guard FDE

Seeing as I haven't tried shooting something without a stock while using a sling I'm unsure what method works best.

Also I've never seen anyone try using both the QD Points on the sling mount to simulate a single point setup.

Help!!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:07:25 PM EDT
[#1]
My 45 acp AR-15 pistol has a Single point sling
ambi endplate attachment

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/spikes-tactical-single-point-sling-and-ambi-latch-plate-combo-p-198.html
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:18:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
My 45 acp AR-15 pistol has a Single point sling
ambi endplate attachment

http://www.impactguns.com/store/media/brownells/bro_100-001-467_sm.jpg

http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/spikes-tactical-single-point-sling-and-ambi-latch-plate-combo-p-198.html

Okay, I'm kind of sticking to the two various setups I already have in the mail just not sure which to actually stick with and what to return. Have you tried your AR pistol with a two point?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 10:22:49 PM EDT
[#3]
No - it's a pistol.

Single point.

Use three points on my carbine though
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a 7.5 and use an I kick hippies slap plate for a single point, w/a ms2 sling. I have an attachment point on the front end of the ff rail forend to make it a 2 point. with the ms2( or similarly configurated sling) you have the best of both worlds. YMMV
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:53:53 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have a 7.5 and use an I kick hippies slap plate for a single point, w/a ms2 sling. I have an attachment point on the front end of the ff rail forend to make it a 2 point. with the ms2( or similarly configurated sling) you have the best of both worlds. YMMV

Why is your name in blue?

Is it just my phone?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top