Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2003 1:47:03 PM EDT
Looking for a single point sling w/ a HK style clip. I have a collapsible stock w/ the DPMS style sling attachment point between the stock and lower receiver (the small circle, not the bigger rectangle style).  Who makes this style of sling??  Any advantage on the tubular style of sling vs the 1.25 or 1.5 width.  I wont have it on for more than 30 minutes at a time, so the sling width may not even be a factor.

All comments appreciated

scottMO  

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought mine from me223 on this site.I believe he makes them.
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Redbone,

Can you give me more info on that sling?  Any pics? Contact info? Website? Cost? Comfort? Likes/Dislikes?

Many Thanks!!

scottMO

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 5:48:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Check out the Dieter/CQD sling made by Blackhawk.  [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=148479&w=searchPop]LINK[/url]

I have one and it works great.
Here's a horrible pic of it on my rifle.  There are better pics on that link.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12003[/img]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:16:20 PM EDT
[#4]
cixelsyd,

I briefly looked at the Dieter/Blackhawk sling but does it have one HK type attachment point??  I've been looking at a lot of these lately but I was under the impression that the Dieter was basically a normal sling w/ a HK clip on each end??
Is this right?
Does it have a quick release buckle?

I tried looking at the pics but cant tell?

scottMO

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:41:09 PM EDT
[#5]
scottMO,  You are correct about it having an HK-clip at each end.  As for the quick release, thats what I use the clips for.

I just looked at the DPMS/circle-style mount, and there's not much room in there for two clips.  I don't know if the Dieter would work with it or not.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=12965[/img]
*photo borrowed from [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=25&t=168249&w=searchPop]Adrenaline_Arms[/url]*

I'm not sure what to suggest. Maybe send an IM to "me233".

CHRIS

Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:45:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that hole in the visible 'HK clip' above possibly for another 'HK clip'?
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 6:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Is that hole in the visible 'HK clip' above possibly for another 'HK clip'?
View Quote

Now that would be WAY too easy. [:D]

CHRIS
Link Posted: 7/14/2003 7:14:19 PM EDT
[#8]

The picture does look like it would work if you clip one to the sling mount and attach the 2nd clip to the 1st clip(which is already clipped to the gun).

Here's what I have so far:

ZM Weapons- 50.00- Tubular sling.  Dont know much more

Dieter/Blackhawk- 40.00 web style.  Duel clips.  Might work with above scenario.

www.GRSC.com- 18.00 - 28.00. Webstyle. Decent pics on website. Not much more info.

me223- nothing yet.

Star Tactical- Found a positive comment about them but no details.

Wilderness, Giles and CQB Solutions all appear to be great products but I really need the HK clip so the sling can be used w/ M4gery, HK USC and MAC 11/9 (AR-15 stock).

Keep the good info coming.

scottMO

Link Posted: 7/15/2003 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looking for a single point sling w/ a HK style clip. I have a collapsible stock w/ the DPMS style sling attachment point between the stock and lower receiver (the small circle, not the bigger rectangle style).  Who makes this style of sling??  Any advantage on the tubular style of sling vs the 1.25 or 1.5 width.  I wont have it on for more than 30 minutes at a time, so the sling width may not even be a factor.

All comments appreciated

scottMO  

View Quote

ScottMO, look under EE for accessories and there is a link by adrineline arms (sp?)......I ordered an HK clip and am looking out for a sling solution....
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 6:10:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Ok I Use a sling that has two HK style hooks on it and they both will fit quite easliy into the GRSC sling plate.

[url]http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289768157[/url]

Take a look at this and see what you think. I had a parachute rigger sew mine for me.

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 7:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Chris,
I run a nearly identical setup, however my end plate is a Dieter.  Picked up both from M.S.T.N.. (Thanks Paul) Very happy with it.
Mike, NY
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:13:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I just got a Dieter sling last night. For those wondering, both clips will snap into a single loop end plate and it still has plenty of room to move without binding. I have another set up with the Dieter end plate and that is more deverse. But the single loop is just fine.

Mark
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top