Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 8:56:33 PM EDT
It's been awhile since I had an A2 buttstock on my rifle, and recently I wanted to give all the parts to someone. The problem is that I can't find a rifle/standard buffer and spring, and actually I have no memory of ever having them. The only Extra spring and buffer I have are Carbine stuff.

So my question is, is the different in the rifle config (20" or Carbine) and not in the buttstock (Collapsible or A2)? is it possible that the extra spring and H buffer I have are from this stock?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:14:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Rifle buffers and springs are different from carbine buffers and springs ( that's what you were asking right?).

***EDIT***

Although, for the VLTOR series of Modstocks, the A1 and A2 length Modstocks can work on carbine extensions with carbine springs and buffers.  If you are only interested in the difference between normal A2 and carbine stocks, then disregard this.  Also, most postban fixed position stocks use rifle length buffers and springs.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I probably made it confusing.

I have a 16" carbine. I built it during the ban with an A2 stock. After the ban I swapped in out for a collapsible stock.

So even though it was an A2 stock, would it use a standard H buffer and spring instead of the rifle length buffer?

I'm guessing yes because it was a carbine.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:39:00 PM EDT
[#3]
No.  It had a rifle extension, with a rifle buffer and spring.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
No.  It had a rifle extension, with a rifle buffer and spring.

Weird, I don't remember having one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#5]
You could split the difference...

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top