Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2014 9:56:08 AM EDT
I have the M&P OR rifle, I was wondering if I can get the MBUS pro since it's recommended to put a metal sight on the front due to the heat and a regular MBUS on the rear. Not sure if this would work when it comes to zeroing in the rifle or any other issues I can possibly run into.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 10:28:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Will work just fine.

ETA: you can get a normal front and back mbus and put it on a quad rails..
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 11:06:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Will work just fine if you put it on the rail and not the block.

ETA: you can get a normal front and back mbus and put it on the rails.
View Quote

That post is a little vague but appears to be inaccurate.  The S&W OR carbine has a receiver rail height front gas block.  In other words, the rail on the gas block is the same height as the rail on the upper receiver.  So yes, you can match up a Magpul MBUS Pro front and a standard (polymer) MBUS rear sight and you shouldn't have any problems zeroing.  It should be no different than if the rifle was equipped with a full length rail covering the gas block.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 12:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That post is a little vague but appears to be inaccurate.  The S&W OR carbine has a receiver rail height front gas block.  In other words, the rail on the gas block is the same height as the rail on the upper receiver.  So yes, you can match up a Magpul MBUS Pro front and a standard (polymer) MBUS rear sight and you shouldn't have any problems zeroing.  It should be no different than if the rifle was equipped with a full length rail covering the gas block.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I was trying to do two different responses at the same time and got the rifles switched. My post is corrected.
Link Posted: 2/27/2014 6:48:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

All right, thanks for explaining. Appreciate it, I just wanted someone who may have done it in the past.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:58:47 PM EDT
[#5]
I just mounted a set of GG&G flip up on my M&P-15 OR front gas block and as far as I could to the rear . have an eotech 2.0 . and if I want to use the iron sights I flip up the front & rear sight and can still use sights 1\3 cowitness
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top