Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/3/2008 8:39:42 AM EST
Is the Yukon Sightmark Mini Shot(SM13001) the same product as the RDP-II?

made-in-china.com product page

Victor from Tactical Night Vision Companies RDP-II report thread

Sightmark's product page(not much here)

opticsplanet.net's Mini Shot for sale product page

Anyone actually have one of the Mini Shots? From staring at pictures of cheapo mini dots on ebay this is the only one that looks like it could be the exact same product just with a different label. All other mini dots had something off; no sensor/cheapo switch, weird/huge sensor, windage&elevation adjustment holes were not beveled, 4 "steps" instead of 6, included stuff was different(no windage/elevation knob).
All visual stuff, unfortunately Ive only seen internal works shots of the doctor and burris fastfire.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 11:41:26 AM EST
There's a pile of cheap MRDs on ebay and elsewhere. There's no way to tell how close they are to another Chinese MRD except by buying one of each, taking them apart, and comparing them.

Note that the pictures on ebay and elsewhere don't always look exactly like what you get. They have file pics that they use, and the actual production gear may be different in cosmetic details. That's one of the things you get with no-name mass production.

Be sure to let us know how it works out if you get one!
Link Posted: 6/4/2008 8:53:50 AM EST
I think I'll be a guinea pig and gamble on one of the ebay ones as long as I get a seller who will respond to my emails. The majority of the ones straight from Hong Kong are right at $50 shipped so not too big of a gamble. I don't think its too big of a deal for someone to take the battery out and take a pic. Although no one has responded yet :( Not even people who are shown to have purchased these things in the past...

I know I saw a thread where someone posted innards pics of a RDP-II but I can't find it anymore :( I have a pic of the innards of a Doctor. Anyone have pics of the RDP?

Regardless if its quality or not I'm going to try to make a very low profile mount that will allow AK sights to co-witness with an ultimak mount.
Top Top