Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/28/2005 10:17:05 PM EDT
I was hopeing that someone could help me as far as the best technique for a floating barrel AR-15. I'm using an ACOG TA31 and Lake City Ammo. Should I invest in a sand bag of some sort or are there better options out that. I just puchased a high powered spotting scope. What yardage should I line this thing up at? My range has a 50yd and a 100yd so i'm pretty limited. Thanks as always!

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:21:32 PM EDT
Proper sight in is at 100m, but 100 yards will be very close. Sand bags front and rear would be good. Make sure the barrel isnt on the bags though.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:04:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Combat_Jack:
Proper sight in is at 100m, but 100 yards will be very close. Sand bags front and rear would be good. Make sure the barrel isnt on the bags though.

+1 can't emphasize rear sandbag enough. I always see guys at the range where I work trying to sight in their rifles using only a front bag. Generally not a big deal for something like a hunting rifle, but when you want real precision, the rear bag makes all the difference 'cause then you're not moving the rifle every time you breathe and your heart beats. You can hold your breath, but you can't stop your heart from beating...at least and still be alive
Top Top