Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/12/2003 3:11:27 AM EDT
I lost my user manual to the ACOG TA31A. Can anyone give me directions on how to adjust the ACOG. I see the windage and elevation adjustment slots but since I don't have the manual, I am worry about turning them too much and breaking something (I think that I adjusted it to hit higher, but it's still hitting low. I don't want to turn the adjustment too much and strip something).

As you can tell from this post, I am a scope newbie.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 4:17:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Asjustments are 3 clicks per inch @ 100 yards. Most every ACOG I've ever zeroed was within a few clicks of adjustment right out of the box. At what range are you zeroing? The way the reticle is designed, you should be using the tip of the reticle as your 100 yard zero.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 7:37:39 AM EDT
[#2]
You'll also know when you are running out of room to adjust because it will get progressively harder to make the click as you start to rech the end of adjustment.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:39:34 PM EDT
[#3]
I was shooting at 50 yards. I was just trying to see if I can hit approximately where I was aiming. Is there a mark on the adjustments to let me know that I am at the halfway point of the adjustable range? I want to reset to that point and try again since I notice that the ACOG was loose after shooting a few rounds.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 7:28:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Is there a mark on the adjustments to let me know that I am at the halfway point of the adjustable range?
View Quote

No there is not.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top