Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/31/2011 4:41:27 PM EDT
I'm about to pick up a 1x-4x scope and i'm wondering how to go about sighting it in. Can i just turn it down to 1x and cowitness it with my irons? Or should i just do it seperate?
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I'm about to pick up a 1x-4x scope and i'm wondering how to go about sighting it in. Can i just turn it down to 1x and cowitness it with my irons? Or should i just do it seperate?

I asked the same question a while back with my red dot and was told to do it seperate. So I did and for what ever reason my irons did not line up with the red dot, but both zeroed fine. Its kind of weird looking though it with good cowitness, but when I turn on the red dot all three dont line up. They are not off much, just a little.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 5:35:05 PM EDT
[#2]
-Unload rifle
-Separate upper receiver from lower receiver
-Remove BCG
-Place upper on a flat, stable surface
-Attach scope to upper
-Look through the bore from the breech end and 'aim' at a specific object, preferably one 25 yards or so away
-Without moving the upper, look through your scope and adjust until your reticle is zeroed on the same object you aimed at when looking through the bore

Reassemble.

This should get you on paper from 0-100 yards.  Fine tune your scope as necessary.

Link Posted: 1/31/2011 9:13:51 PM EDT
[#3]
What scope are you getting?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 1:16:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What scope are you getting?

Not sure yet. Maybe an accupoint.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 2:32:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

-Unload rifle

-Separate upper receiver from lower receiver

-Remove BCG

-Place upper on a flat, stable surface

-Attach scope to upper

-Look through the bore from the breech end and 'aim' at a specific object, preferably one 25 yards or so away

-Without moving the upper, look through your scope and adjust until your reticle is zeroed on the same object you aimed at when looking through the bore

Reassemble.

This should get you on paper from 0-100 yards. Fine tune your scope as necessary.

This is the best solution.

A 1-4x variable CANNOT be cowitnessed with irons like a red dot.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top