Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/31/2006 12:31:31 PM EDT
Ok, total noob here.  I just received my new AR (RRA Tactical CAR A4) with an EOTech this wkend.

I've mounted the EOTech onto the RRA Dominator mount but I'm lost as to what to do next.  I'm headed to the range this wkend and would like to know how to sight it in.

Should I set the EOTech up such that I put the reticle on top of the front sight?  It's not really working as I thought because as I move my head around behind the sight the reticle moves which leads me to believe that I need to line the reticle up with some other point (front or rear sight).   I tried to do some searches and I've found pictures both with the EOTech lined up with the front sight and the EOTech without the front sight.

What am I missing?

Chris
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:33:57 PM EDT
[#1]
You're missing this thread:

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=18&t=301249

It should get you going in the right direction, then come back if you have more questions
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
A_J,

Thanks.  I found that thread right after I posted my question.  It didn't show up when I searched for EOTech (I now realize because the default is to only search the last 24 hours of posts) h.gif

I have enough to get me going this wkend.

Chris
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top