Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/19/2007 9:58:09 PM EDT
What are some of the best ways to sight in your sight?  Either EOTech or Aimpoint I don't exactly remember how we did it last year with the intial sighting in of our rifles before we came over seas.  We did Boresight the rifle and the sight and then took them to get zeroed just checking to see what some other people have done with their optics as well.  Thanks for any help.

Mike
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:35:14 AM EDT
[#1]
It kind-of depends on what your application is.

For a mid-range optic we prefer a 50 yard or 200 yard zero. They have nearly identical flight paths, so if you are constricted on range space, you can go for a 50 yard POA/POI. If you have 200 yards available achieve POA/POI there, as it will give you a true zero at range. It will only drop about 5 inches at 275, for 300 just hold at the shoulders.

You can also go with the old 300 yard zero concept, but I am hearing that a lot of people are having a tough time finding ranges that will support. I do not recommend the 36(ish) yard field expedient zero unless you can confirm at 300. This gives a slightly high trajectory, rising about 5.5 inches above LOS at midrange.

Some like a 100 yards zero, but only for dedicated CQB guns. This gives a laser-flat trajectory out to 200 yards, but is pretty rough if you get past 250.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top