Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/17/2003 12:07:51 AM EDT
Me:How many of you with RIS, RAS, FF  RAS, FIRSH, SIR, etc mount an EOTech, Aimpoint or Reflex forward?  If so, does it work for you?

Not me: mount my Reflex 2 two rails slots forward of my ARMS #40 BUIS. On the RIS I have my forward collapsable pistol grip, my (right) side mounted Surefire 6P, and on the 4-rail weaver gas block, I have my retractable front sight post on top, and my Harris bi-pod on the bottom.

I like to mount my optics as close to my eye as possible. that way I don't have to have my cheek weld the same each time just to see the amber dot.

The closer it is to my eye, the more perephrial I have immediatly around my target. The further away I have it forward, the more of the sights's body gets in the way of the immediate surroundings of my target.

Me:
Where my Eotech is set, forward all the way, the lense is around 3 1/3" from the handguards going backwards, or  there are three visible slots to the rear of the sight, if either of those make sense to you.  My problem is I see two targets, one thru the sight and one over to my left.  The sight divides my sight too much and I have to blink or close the left eye to get a good target.  I have moved it backward and the problem is worse, so I figured farther forward might help out.  I can only move it forward if I attach a rail, or buy one of the three letter acronyms and attach that.  If I were to get one of the TLA's I would like to add a foregrip.  Plus I have an M3 that would be nifty as hell.

Your ideas?

TS
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:10:50 AM EDT
[#1]
My Aimpoint is pretty much 1/3 over the Delta ring.  I like it there.

Back when I ran a Reflex II, I actually liked it way out because it made the triangle appear bigger.
Link Posted: 6/17/2003 12:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Lumpy!  I just read Chen Lee's article about the EOTech on the Maryland AR15 site.  He suggests in between where you mount your Aimpoint and where you mounted your Reflex.  I believe it was the next to last slot on the flat top and the rest on the FF RAS.

Thanks again and come visit more over at Pre-Ban.  We need people with more weapon sense than me over there.  Actually we've got some pretty knowledgable guys, but one more wouldn't hurt.

TS
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top