Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/12/2007 12:37:32 PM EDT
I'm a pistol shooter who recently accquired a Bushmaster V Match with a 16' barrel. The V Match was sans iron sights and I mounted a Trijicon Tri-Power sight using a cantilever mount. Everything is solid but I have no idea or practical experience on how to go about sighting in the rifle.

A trip to the range showed I am not on the paper at 50yds, but I have no idea where to go from here.

Thanks in advance.

Quixote
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 12:53:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/12/2007 1:12:13 PM EDT by Molon]
First, decide how you want to use the TriPower chevron reticle. A common method is to use the tip of the chevron for precise shots and the whole body of the chevron for quick shots.

One zeroing scheme that works well with the above framework is to zero the tip of the chevron at 50 yards. Since you are having difficulty "getting on paper" at 50 yards, start your zero process at 25 yards. Adjust your point of impact to be about 1.25" lower than your point of aim at 25 yards. Then move to 50 yards and fine tune your zero so that point of impact equals point of aim.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 1:00:33 PM EDT
Thank you!

The aiming scheme makes sense. The rifle cam ewith a competition trigger and is an absolute joy to shoot. I'll hit the range tomorrow or Tuesday and post the results.

Quixote
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 2:21:50 AM EDT
Worked like a charm once I moved in to 25 yds and walked the target back out 25yds at a time.

I really like the Trijicon Tri Power sight, Incredibly fast accquisition and excellent sight picture.

Thanks for the help!

Bob
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:01:56 AM EDT
Hey Bob

You can't tell us about your new rifle without posting pics of it. That is a sin around here. But congrats on the new toy
Top Top