Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/30/2002 4:41:54 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone has an upper with the side charging handle.  I bought one at a show over the weekend from American Spirit Arms that also has no forward assist either.  The side charging system looks like the ones on the FAL/L1A1.

I also picked up a smooth sided bolt carrier that I'll have to machine in order to work with the Side Charging Handle.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 5:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Check this thread.[url]http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=326[/url]

I would avoid buying anything complete from ASA. Their untrained assembly people usually screw up the gas port and headspace.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the thread link, I did a search but nothing came up..

As for ASA, I really only bought from them because the owners daughter ( Sarah ) was the sales person and she is one good looking woman and quite knowledgeable..  She also said that they test fire every upper before shipping so they might find a problem like you describe before it gets to me..
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Sarah is full of sh!t. They don't have a test fire facility. They are located in a strip mall. Sorry, but they burned me and so many other people locally that it's hard to give away an ASA rifle here.
Link Posted: 11/30/2002 4:36:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:26:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey I got my upper in from ASA and am pleasantly surprised.  Not only is it better than I expected, but they included a chrome part ( 179.00 )that I didn't order...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top