Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/9/2003 11:32:40 AM EDT
I've got a preban Bushmaster AR-15 20" with the evil features. Now that it looks unlikely that the AWB will be renewed, should I sell it now that I can get top dollar for it? I really don't shoot it much.

Now that I have an UZI machine gun, I really don't know if I'll be shooting it at all.  So I could go a year (Sept '04) without shooting it.

What do you think it's worth?  It's got a 20" barrel, fixed stock, A2 birdcage flash hider, and bayonnet lug.  Maybe 1000 rounds through it max.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:37:37 AM EDT
Yes !!! I'll give you $500. Right Away !!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:38:03 AM EDT
I'll give you $600!!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:05:53 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:08:05 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:23:53 PM EDT
Come on guys really
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:29:11 PM EDT
Rule of thumb...never sell an AR.

Make due without the extra cash and hang on to it.

Or I could give you $750

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:31:09 PM EDT
Rule #1 Never sell your guns
You will always regret it later for one reason or another.
Rule #2 If you must sell it sell it to me!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:33:08 PM EDT
It depends on what features you want on the weapon. If the lug and flashhider are, then I would keep it. If you gamble on the crime bill, it could go either way. If another restriction is passed, the value will go up. If not, you can get another for what a post ban is going for. If you paid high for this and nothing else passes, you lost on the deal.

If you sell it now, you could take the exta money to outfit a post ban with optics or get what else you want. I would keep it if I was you.

I would say an easy 1500, if not more. Carbines seem to demand more.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:47:46 PM EDT
I would say an easy 1500, if not more. Carbines seem to demand more.

View Quote

DAMN! .... Thanks [b]MARK[/b] .... I was just getting ready to throw in $75[u]1[/u]!  [;)]

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 12:53:44 PM EDT
Probably $1500-$1800
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:05:27 PM EDT
$752.98 CASH !!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:24:08 PM EDT
Hell No. Keep it at all costs!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:51:50 PM EDT

Never, never sell your weapons....


Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:18:37 PM EDT
i've got a preban i've been thinking of selling too.  i think the best choice would be to hang on to it until you get more of an idea of where the AWB is going in 2004.  if it looks like it's going away i'll try and cash out one of my prebans, if not...and right now i'm leaning towards it not going away - hand on to it.  the only way i'd sell it is to buy a weapon that is either class3 or banned under the 89 import ban.  those will keep rising even if the AWB goes away.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:53:17 PM EDT
Ok, I was high--759.99--today only!
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:59:38 PM EDT
My advice would be to hold onto it for a little while longer.  The fight is far from over and we're still 16 months away from the deadline so stick with it a little longer.

In the mean time visit [url]http://awbansunset.com/index.html[/url] and get some letters, emails or phone calls going to kill this thing once and for all.  I would gladly lose the money I spent on my prebans to gain our rights back!  

If you still feel like selling it, I've got $766.50 burning a hole in my pocket [;)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:02:40 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:37:13 PM EDT
[b]DustinD[/b] - In case you're not picking up on it, there's alot of us here that would [b]love[/b] to be in your situation.

Ban or NO ban, I'd hold on to it if I were you.

Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:51:21 PM EDT
Keep it, never sell your arms, and buy ammo.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:09:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 4:13:42 PM EDT
I don't know what to think about the ban going away, but [b]IF[/b] it does I still don't see the price of pre-bans going down.  Instead I think the price of newly manufactured "assualt weapons" will rise to pre-ban levels.  Think about it. Demand for new guns and parts and mags will go up, therefore so will price.  If the ban sunsets all evil ar's will be going for about $1200.00 plus.  I won't be selling my pre-bans.  I don't want to be standing in line to replace them at the same price.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 11:10:31 PM EDT
If he trades the Bushy for a down payment for a Class III Colt:

[size=5][center]HELL YEAH![/center][/size=5]

That’s what I did.
Otherwise I'll up the bid to $795.03
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top