Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 5:13:26 AM EDT
is it too early to do so?  I want to be able to pre-banify my post-ban after the AWB sunsets (if it does), but I also don't want to go in debt to buy one and then be stuck with it becasue the AWB is renewed.  How safe am I to go ahead and order one?  I suppose I could order one and then if the ban does not expire, I could return the upper so long as I leave it in the original packaging.  I know Bushmaster has a 30 day, no questions asked, return policy.

Help me make up my mind.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:14:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Order now....... WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:30:27 AM EDT
[#2]
You should have ordered it months ago.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:40:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

In all seriousness, the expiration of the ban was very questionable a few months ago.  Even today (only a few days away) there is some uncertainty.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:44:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, order it.  No it is not too early, probably a little late.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 5:48:25 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm looking at getting Bushmaster's 16" A3 flat top, M4 style upper with A2 flash hider and bayonet lug.

Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#6]
you guys do know with 16" bbl, the bayo is not useable at all? :D

definitely order it now, but I don't see a rush to get these things as there is absolutely no federal ban being worked on in the legislative pipeline.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:49:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

definitely order it now, but I don't see a rush to get these things as there is absolutely no federal ban being worked on in the legislative pipeline.  

They make a bayo for them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:51:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They make a bayo for them.

Tell me more
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Any other opinions??
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:03:55 PM EDT
[#11]
what have you got to lose by buying now?  you'll be lucky if it's not backordered already.  mongo speaks the truth.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Just order it. In the worst case, just file off the bayo lug and attach a comp on the end. I think manny of us have already ordered the supplies we need for this Sept.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:16:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In all seriousness, the expiration of the ban was very questionable a few months ago.  Even today (only a few days away) there is some uncertainty.

So you're telling me that if the ban were to be renewed you would continue to abide by this nonsense?

I know shooters who have said NO WAY.  If they renewed it, screw it.  What happened to the fighting spirit?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#14]
You should have allready had one, SHAME ON YOU.....

Ya get one if you can, and soon, before the rush hits, which will be any day now......
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Shooot I just called and they are out of stock of the upper I wanted, said it would take about 30 days to build it .. guess I need to order //now//
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:07:05 PM EDT
[#16]
get the 14.5 with permanent attached Phantom and bayonet will work!
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:02:10 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Shooot I just called and they are out of stock of the upper I wanted, said it would take about 30 days to build it .. guess I need to order //now//

I ordered a pre ban barrel from bushmaster (16" fluted HBAR) about a week ago, they said it would ship in 2 or 3 weeks. Wish I wouldn't have waited so long.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:58:31 AM EDT
[#18]
Okay you guys convinced me - I just placed an order using the website.  Hopefully the ban expires, but if it doesn't, at least I can return my upper for a full refund (less shipping and handling charges)

Lets cross our fingers guys.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#19]
1. Why is it a "little late" to order?

2. Where is the best place to get one of those 16" uppers? M4 style. Can't you get it cheaper than buying straight from Bushmaster?

3. By the time you buy the upper and a collapsible stock wouldn't it be almost as cheap to buy a whole new gun?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:10:38 PM EDT
[#20]
I just ordered an upper from CMMG today.
I know I should have done it before, but I hadn't made up my mind on what I wanted.  Hopefully it will be here soon.

Only parts I need for my M4gery are the LPK.
But that is next weeks paycheck. . .
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:14:56 PM EDT
[#21]
GREEN LIGHT!!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:15:03 PM EDT
[#22]
ORDER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW,

Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  

-Tex78

p.s: Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:32:17 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
ORDER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW,

Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  Go with an A3 upper receiver or you WILL regret it!  

-Tex78

What he said, + Get an A3 upper, or you will regret it!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 7:22:03 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
ORDER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and BTW,

-Tex78

What he said, + Get an A3 upper, or you will regret it!!

Nothing to add, except that if you go with an A2 upper, you will regret it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:32:14 AM EDT
[#25]
I ordered the A3 upper
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 3:50:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Per UPS, my "motherload" order from Bushmaster is due to be delivered today.

FWIW, I ordered 2 replacement 20" barrels, a 14.5" + permanent Phantom barrel for my 2001 LEGP, and a complete A2 11.5" with perm 5.5" suppressor upper for one of my stripped lowers. I'm still undecided on what to do with my other lower - maybe keep it around for a future ZM purchase, or build an SPR clone.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 11:32:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Per Bushmaster customer service - my upper should be shipped before the end of next week!  Looks like I'll have some assembly to do on the 13th.

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top