Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2006 5:17:07 AM EDT
I am fortunate to own a DPMS AP4 .308. This rifle has the M4 look with .308 power for those of you not in the know. I highly recommend this rifle to anyone wanting max power in a AR platform, and no I do not work for DPMS. I ordered this rifle with the quad rail tube, jp trigger, ergo grip, night sight front post, recoil pad, (for a longer reach, this rifle has less felt recoil than my mini-14), and teflon coated barrel. I found out that DPMS now offers a removable carry handle for the rifle. It comes with a removable rear sight from DPMS but I want the look of the classic M4. The rifle shoots Hornady TAP 110 and 155gr ammo to same point of aim at 50yrds and I mean dead on laser like accuracy here! I'm a little worried to put the handle on and find the rfile not shooting as well, should I worry? Plus $139.00 for the carry handle wow thats a lot of ammo you know, if it was your rifle would you spring for the carry handle? I know when I sighted my HBAR in at 50yrds it was dead on at 200yrds using 68grain match. What is the formula for the .308 if your dead on at 50yrds with 155gr ammo? How high at 100 and where will it be at 200yrds? On the AP4 the front post is a night sight , just on one side of course. How does the full rotation of the front post correspond to elevation adjustments? As I mentioned before this rifle is accurate, and totally reliable now with over 1500 rnds and no problems. It likes the TAP of course and LC but the real surprise came from the Argentine surplus it shot better than LC! Your input on carry handle installation and trajectory is greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:21:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 11:28:55 AM EDT
[#2]
No, I personally would not.  If you have something that already works great for you, no reason to change it.  Your AP4-Fu seems good as is.

ETA-It won't really look like an M4 anyway, unless you're a giant...like this guy.

Link Posted: 4/9/2006 5:20:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you for your opions. I think you're right not to mess with something that's working fine. I guess you're right too about it not looking like an M4 although it's not that much bigger just a little heavier at 8.6lb empty. Anyone have the info on trajectory?hinking.gif
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top