Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/31/2002 2:33:31 PM EDT
I was at a local pawn shop yesterday, and he has a COLT AR15 rifle for sale at a reasonable price. It seems like it's in good shape, but it's got an 'empty' pin-hole in it that's about 1/8", directly above the safety. I assume from what I've read, that this is a hole for an auto sear. Looking at it, the trigger set seems to be the same as my BUSHMASTER, semi-auto, and the safety has only two positions, fire/safe, so I don't think this was ever an M16, but the hole scared me off. What do you think? Is the hole something I should worry about?
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Does the hole go all the way thru both sides of the lower?  If so, I'd stay away.  If it's only on one side, I _THINK_ it could have been for one of those Colt sear blocks, but I'm not sure of that.

-Gloftoe
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 7:18:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with gloftoe,it could very well be a hole left from sear block removal. If that hole is on both sides stay far away. Just crack it open and look at the selector, it should be obvious.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 9:52:59 AM EDT
[#3]
The hole is bored all the way through, like it was for a roll-pin. With the screwy laws about AR15's - I didn't want to take any chances. With all the screwy laws about 'assault weapons' Im a little paranoid I guess. But I don't want to buy a rifle, and find out it's not legit.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top