Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2007 11:43:51 AM EDT
My local dealer can get Stag and Bushmaster. I'm looking at the Stag Model 1 M4 and the Bushmaster M4A3 "Patrolman's Carbine". They are both the same price. I like the Stag because of the lifetime warranty , plus it is supposedly the closest of the two to being Mil-spec.  I also like the Bushmaster because almost everyone on this forum swears by them. I can't afford both. I need opinions, especially from anybody that might happen to own both. Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 11:58:52 AM EDT
[#1]
From an owner of both I say get the Stag. Nicer fit and finish compared to most Bushmasters I have seen. Stag will come with F marked front sight post and milspec buffer tube.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:46:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
From an owner of both I say get the Stag. Nicer fit and finish compared to most Bushmasters I have seen. Stag will come with F marked front sight post and milspec buffer tube.

I'll second that.  I used to not care about the "F" marked front sight base.  Then I noticed how high up my front sight post is in relation to the protective front sight ears on my Bushmaster.  It should be an easy transition for BFI to use the correct FSB on their carbines...

I didn't care so much about having a mil-spec buffer tube because I wasn't going to get an aftermarket stock & was happy w/ the 6 position M4 style. Then I did get a VLTOR. So I had to go the whole route w/ a milspec tube/plate/castle nut....

I used to be mildly upset that Bushmaster used a plastic trigger guard.  Then I broke one.  That was easy enough to replace but... BFI still uses the damn plastic trigger guard.  This strikes me as a very simple thing to phase into their production but... They still use plastic.

I now have 3 deer running around in a pit of Vipers and it seems like the Vipers are getting trampled.  It's a damn shame because I used to like Bushmasters so much I had scales myself.  If they're to be "The best, by a long shot" it should be understood what the "best" really means.  To me, the best in civilian ARs means correct & authentic down to the very last piece/part while still observing NFA regulations. (I wouldn't care if an RR M16 came w/ a plastic trigger guard... If the price were right!)

Sly
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 12:51:51 PM EDT
[#3]
stag, ive owned both.. go with the stag.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
ok stupid question, what does the F stand for and why is it desired?
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered a Stag. Will put an ACOG 33-8 on it. Have been told that Stag is superior to RRA for the following: milspec buffer tube, Stag doesn't dremmel feed ramp, Stag MPIs their bolts, real gov't profile barrels (lighter), rail is more solid, free floating. Just FYI when shopping around. Not sure how the Bushey compares on these points. Don't have first hand experience on this yet but source was solid and others hold Stag in high regard.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I just bought a Stag. Overall I'm very happy with it. Excellent fit and finish and it runs like a top. I even like it better than my Colt...hock.gif
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#8]
i have both, i love both!!! but if i had to choose one i would say stag imho, nothing against bushmaster at all, they make great weapons too. some people on this website get all up in arms over the different animals on the side of an blackrifle. buy what you like and feel the most comfortable with, that is all that matters
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
between the two I'd probably go Stag. I haven't shot a complete stag gun however. I have shot bushmaster's and prefer my RRA to them.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Must be nice to have gun dealers that actually carry both. I have been to 3 different dealers and all they ever have is old Bushmasters in stock, I can't find anyone in north Texas that really carries anything. Yah they can order it if you want to wait a minimum of 6-8 weeks.
Looks like I am stuck paying a higher price and getting it off of Gunbroker.
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a colt, a couple bushy's and a bushy with a brand new stag lower.. . .

I say get a Colt!  My Bushy's sit in the gun cabinet . . .  with Colt envy
Link Posted: 4/18/2007 3:34:15 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ok stupid question, what does the F stand for and why is it desired?

F is for flat top and it's desired because the sight tower is the proper height (or relief, actually) for the removable carry handle.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:20:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the input...I ordered the Stag !
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Its all a matter of just taste. You want a SNAKE with fangs or a a DEER? Both guns work great and have good customer service support if you run into problems.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:39:24 PM EDT
[#15]
height=8
Quoted:
Its all a matter of just taste. You want a SNAKE with fangs or a a DEER?

Haha, not this again. Seriously, congrats on the new Stag - I am sure you will love it! Great rifles.
Link Posted: 4/22/2007 10:06:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Hey guys,
I am a rifle noobie and planning on building/buying my first. I have an option to buy either a Bushmaster XM15-E2S complete lower or a Stag A2 complete lower at a local shop (both are under $300).  The Stag is about $45 cheaper and I do not care about the logo . I am looking for the best quaility lower for the money.
Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:46:55 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Hey guys,
I am a rifle noobie and planning on building/buying my first. I have an option to buy either a Bushmaster XM15-E2S complete lower or a Stag A2 complete lower at a local shop (both are under $300).  The Stag is about $45 cheaper and I do not care about the logo . I am looking for the best quaility lower for the money.
Thanks

STAG.

Sly
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top