Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/12/2006 11:33:57 AM EDT
I want a scope in the 1-4 or 1.5-5x magnification range, but the really high-end tactical stuff is out of my price range.  However, plenty of companies make scopes in these magnifications for shotguns at prices under $200.  I realize that the main difference is that the parallax is set closer, 50-75 yd vs. 100-150 yd in standard riflescopes.

When cranked up to 4-5x magnification and aiming at a target 300 yd away, will the parallax be bad enough at the relatively low magnifcation to interfere with my ability to shoot groups?  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/12/2006 11:42:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a Simmons 2.5x shotgun scope on a M4 for years. Never had an issue, but mine was fixed magnification. 5.56 is a pretty flat shooting round at the distances I shoot (under 200 yards).
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top