Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2004 11:41:00 PM EDT
1993 I was walking through one of the large shows in Sanfransisco CALI, and I came across a dealer who was selling 870's mounted under AR15's.

It had all but passed from my mind untill I was reading up on the M203 and 37mm launchers..

are the 870's legal mounted on the AR??

anyone have a picture?? I cant find one anywhere.. but I know they exist.

any info would be appriciated, not looking to buy or build one, just some history and photo's.

-Jason
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#1]
hasnt anyone here seen one?
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:08:34 AM EDT
[#2]
www.impactguns.com/store/knights_masterkey.html

Good for busting doors open and nothing else.  Some military units bought some, didn't like them and went back to carrying a standard shotgun for door busting.  There are people here who know alot more than I do, I am just paraphrasing what was said before.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 9:10:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats it, but DDDAAAANG has the price gone up.

Thanks for the help

-J
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 5:52:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I think that AR15/870 setup is Bad ass
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Being a Class III due to the length, makes the Masterkey too expensive.

What I am looking for is a single shot 18 inch 12(or 20 even) guage a'la the M203. May be some BATF concerns about overall length of the seperate assembly if it could be fired while not mounted. Something for the guys brighter than I to work on.

A 20 guage OOO load has 20 .22" pellets, which would be nice for area suppression.

¿Anybody seen such a critter?
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 6:02:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone make the mounts for attaching a shotgun to an AR? I've got a WP-870 registered as an AOW, and I'd like to see what it looks like attached to my 20 in barrelled AR.
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:57:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 3:09:32 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Does anyone make the mounts for attaching a shotgun to an AR? I've got a WP-870 registered as an AOW, and I'd like to see what it looks like attached to my 20 in barrelled AR.

IIRC it would be illegal to mount an AOW to an AR-15. The reason a WP-870 is registered as an AOW and not an SBS is that it has no buttstock and cannot be fired from the sholder. You cannot attach a buttstock to an AOW. If you attach the AOW to the AR-15, you have basically given the AOW the ability to be fired from the shoulder using the AR-15's buttstock and now have an unregistered SBS. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

AOW FAQ
Link Posted: 5/13/2004 8:11:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Does anyone make the mounts for attaching a shotgun to an AR? I've got a WP-870 registered as an AOW, and I'd like to see what it looks like attached to my 20 in barrelled AR.hr

IIRC it would be illegal to mount an AOW to an AR-15. The reason a WP-870 is registered as an AOW and not an SBS is that it has no buttstock and cannot be fired from the sholder. You cannot attach a buttstock to an AOW. If you attach the AOW to the AR-15, you have basically given the AOW the ability to be fired from the shoulder using the AR-15's buttstock and now have an unregistered SBS. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

AOW FAQ

DOH!

You are most certainly correct. I didn't stop to think of that aspect. I was well aware of not being able to put a buttstock on an AOW, just didn't think it through. Thanks for reminding me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top