Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/11/2007 5:58:54 AM EDT
I was able to shoot my new RRA midlength with YHM can Saturday. Suppression was great and I was very satisfied with the combo. Using the 200 rd Federal 50gr Value Packs, I started at 25yds to get the scope on paper. Moving to 50yds I was able to shoot several groups with most holes touching. I then moved to 100 yards. The temperature was close to 100 degrees but was over 100 on the range. The range has high berms on the side which trap the heat. The mirage from the heat played hell with the Bushnell 3200 fixed 10x. As you can see my 100yd groups opened up big time. This is not a match gun, but a standard RRA midlength. With better ammo, I'm sure she will shoot much better, but I am satisfied with the groups. I have attached a few pics. The (2) 50yds groups are 10 shots 5 suppressed and 5 unsuppressed. The (2) 100yd groups are 1, 12 shot group and 1, 10 shot group. Both are suppressed and un supressed also. There was not much suppressor shift at 50 or 100 yards. As a side note, a guy walked up and said that I had a loud can. I though that he was going to pull out something quieter. Turns out he did not own a can and had never heard a 223 can. I had to school him. I also let him shoot my AAC Pilot on a bolt gun and my LRM M-169. He now knows that 223 cans are made to be hearing safe and not Hollywood quiet.

Savage MKII with AAC Pilot (This combo is DAMNNNNN Quiet)

LRM M-169  Sweeeeet

Link Posted: 6/11/2007 6:06:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Very nice rifles
Link Posted: 6/11/2007 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Glad to see that you got some time for some range therapy.  It will probably be over a month before I get a chance to try the Dissy conversion out.

Looks like the Middy shoots pretty nice.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#3]
SSN_Doc ,

I can stop by the house and test run it for you while you are gone. The Middy did shoot well, but I want to run some match ammo and see what it will really do. It sure is quiet at the clinic with no one to talk guns with.LOL!!!!

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 2:34:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Remember there are no rear sights or glass on my build.  

How was the trigger with the JP spring?

It's kinda strange no one talks about guns at the clinic.  After a crew member shoots himself, a lot of people want to talk about guns on the sub.  Like,  provide a statement of whether you own any, where they are, and how they are stored.

Link Posted: 6/14/2007 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#5]
The JP springs are in the 9mm. The stock trigger is now a very good trigger with a nice light pull. It is the best $9 that I have spent so far. Wow, I did not think that they would dig that far into who owns what and where it is stored. I have decided that I may take those orders to MARSOC in Lejuene. I'll let you know.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Nice...but you need to mow that grass.
Link Posted: 6/14/2007 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#7]
You're not near Kings Bay, are ya?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 2:55:43 AM EDT
[#8]
3 great looking setups
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Deep-blue, I am stationed in Kings Bay.

Banditman, I was waiting for someone to say something about the grass. That was mowed the day before I took the pics. It is St. Augustine grass. All you do is cut the head off of it. It looks flat when you see it in person, but when you step into it, It is like walking in a deep carpet. What part of FL are you in?

USNCORPSMAN
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#10]
I have the same grass. I have not been home for a week and it has rained everyday I've been gone. I dread mowing it. oh, I am near Lakeland.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 1:19:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Deep Blue

The ship I'm on will be in Kings Bay some day.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top