Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/18/2004 5:49:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/19/2004 5:49:26 AM EST by CAAAwarfighter]
I finally got my first AR together today. It's a No ban RRA 16" entry Tactical FT with LMT BUIS and YHM FF with OD magpull rail covers on a STAG 15 lower with RRA NM trigger and OD RRA 6 POS stock. 6P light from BF. 6 labelle 30 rd mags with od Magpuls with 28 rds of XM193 each. Upon shooting it I was really pleased. I have pretty poor vison (Astigmatism ion both eyes) so I know I am not a Camp Perry shooter. I alway had a hard time finding M-16 and M-14 front sights when I was in the Navy. I started at 50 yards shooting at a 30" X30" steel plate and some assorted bottles. Had a fist sized group from my first 28 rounds and was hitting orange gatorade bottle tops I taped on it. I am thinking hey this is pretty good.
By this time my Brother in law had come over to see what i was doing. I then tried some of the gatorade /lucas oil bottles, these were empty. Fired a couple rounds at each and could see them move a little. Thought I was missing them( so did he) but they were through and through hits. I then tried a water filled milk jug just to shut him up, the resulting "explosion" and his Holy @#$% got me laughing. Just for fun I dumped/bumped a whole mag into the plate at 25 yards not trying for accuracy, I figured it would climb a lot on me it didnt and the NM trigger and ergo grip made it easy. Now he wants one too. Tommorrow I will fire at more extended ranges but for now I am quite happy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:56:33 PM EST
Welcome to the addiction, if you go to gun shows, ammo is usually cheapest there. I buy 1000 rounds at a time for 100 bucks. Im glad you like it. I have really enjoyed mine this year, bought mine back in Jan. Its a post ban bushy, but I will change all of that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:10:41 PM EST
Congrats!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:16:53 PM EST
I shot my first AR about 2 months ago, a NM Colt, got a new RRA LAR-15 a little after that (Thanks MT_Pockets). And shot at a High Power match last saturday.

I now have a very bad case of BRD.Brent
Top Top