I built my AR from a JT kit with a collapsible stock. I really wanted the gun to be about 2 inches shorter so I went to the garage and fixed it.
After drilling out the roll pin, I still could not move the stock. Turns out the pin that moved in and out to hold the stock in position is too long to release by pushing the release lever. I pulled the pin further out manually and the stock came apart.
I aluminum tube did not have any additional adjustment holes, so I drilled a new hole two inched further up the stock careful to drill the proper depth. I had to grind the end off of a bit to finish the hole so that is had a flat bottom instead of a taper like a drill bit leaves.
The result is a stock that is two inches shorter and fits great.
Well worth the effort. Now I just need to patch the hole in the plastic portion of the stock where the original pin was and I am set.
Just though you guys would like to know how easy it was.