Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/6/2003 7:33:03 AM EDT
Why can't I just shorten my 20" to a 16" to get a Dissapator style barrel?
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 7:54:36 AM EDT
first welcome!

you can't!
the "Dissapator style upper" has a carbine barrel, carbine gas tube and gas block inside the handguard.  you will need to redo the  plumbing inside your handguards to get the rifle to function.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2003 1:28:02 PM EDT
You can IF you re-size the gas port.  If not done correctly it will be problematic.  Talk with Kurt (of Kurts Kustom) in the Industry section - he does this type of conversion.
Top Top