Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2004 5:32:04 AM EST
If proper done, does shortening the length of a chrome lined barrel affect accuracy? In other words, will a 16" chrome lined barrel that has been shortened to 14.5" have the same inherent accuracy as a 14.5" chrome lined barrel that hasn't been shortened?
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:35:15 AM EST
Well, I had a 20 that was cut to 19"...had to have the perm. attached muzzle brake off. Hasn't effected accuracy at all, as far as I can tell.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:35:32 AM EST
If done properly, it shouldn't have any adverse effects on accuracy. See a reputable smith to do so (ADCO comes to mind). Just curious, why do you want to shorten a 16"? The resulting loss in velocity accompanied by the mandate to have to permanantly weld on a FH greatly overweighs the loss in weight from the muzzle end.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:39:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By Ghost-Shooter:
If done properly, it shouldn't have any adverse effects on accuracy. See a reputable smith to do so (ADCO comes to mind). Just curious, why do you want to shorten a 16"? The resulting loss in velocity accompanied by the mandate to have to permanantly weld on a FH greatly overweighs the loss in weight from the muzzle end.

The barrel in question is a 16" RRA with the FFH.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:50:48 AM EST
I have the same barrel,I want to install Vortex,That means that i need to cut my barrel to,that sucks,Why RRA soldered the FFH to a 16" barrel.That I have any other alternative to removed that not cutting the barrel. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:59:18 AM EST

Originally Posted By PRMAN45ACP:
I have the same barrel,I want to install Vortex,That means that i need to cut my barrel to,that sucks,Why RRA soldered the FFH to a 16" barrel.That I have any other alternative to removed that not cutting the barrel. Thanks.hr

The FFH is pressed onto the 16" barrel and CAN be removed without cutting the barrel BUT, I don't care for the way it looks afterwards.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:44:38 AM EST
Denny's Guns (GTS) shortened my chrome lined barrel. I am very pleased with their work and would recommend them to anyone.

Accountant
Top Top