Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2004 6:36:58 PM EST
What is the proper procedure to determine if a rifle is short stroking? Last round, bolt held open I understand. But, how should the rifle be held? Lightly with one hand, almost "bump" firing the last round? Or, firmly with two hands? And what about spings and buffers? Is a carbine short stroking if it will not consistently hold the bolt open on the last round when using an H buffer and Wolff Extra Power spring? What if the same carbine will hold the bolt back when using a H buffer and standard spring? Just curious as to the determining factors/configurations which indicate short stroking. Also, for those out there that consider there rifles are in good working order, do you ever do a last round bolt open test? Say, 10 rds. loaded and fired one at a time?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:23:30 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:59:35 PM EST
Pushing IN on the bolt catch?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 9:37:12 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:32:48 AM EST
Please enlighten me. Pushing in on the bolt catch depresses the magazine follower, allowing the bolt to not catch. Pulling out on the bolt catch allows the bolt catch to be in the highest position, regardless of magazine spring tension, and will catch the bolt. What am I missing?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:11:09 PM EST
Top Top