Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/29/2006 8:51:05 PM EDT
http://www.atncorp.com/DayOptics/RifleScopes/ATN3-9X55LU

I've heard questionable things about ATN scopes, but I'd like to find a scope that's just like it... Stubby, fat... Hard to explain "the look" I'm after, but I'd like it to be as short as possible with a reasonably large objective lense, target turrets would be ideal, reticle options would be nice as well, quality is a concern.  Maybe like a cut down version of the Super Sniper.  

Anyone know of anything along these lines?  10x or so power, variable maybe.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 9:48:05 AM EDT
[#1]
If quality is a concern, know this: there is a reason high quality scopes are not short.

ETA: Focus on features first.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 11:08:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I am a little confused.  Thats a long scope.  Its not stubby at all.  The only reason it even appears stubby in that pic is the angle its photoed at, the fact its not mounted to a weapon, and has a 55mm objective lens.  If you want a short scope look at a Leupold MR/T.  If you want a fat objective get a LR/T with 50mm objective.  If you want something with a large occular lens housing and large objective look at USO SN3 1.8-10x.

On a personal note I think its sad when people buy optics based on what they look like on the weapon instead of what features they have or what the view is through the optic.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
If quality is a concern, know this: there is a reason high quality scopes are not short.
quote]

The ACOG fanatics around here are going to give you a blanket party for that one.

As for short quality scopes, I don't know of too many with the "look" you're after, but there's a lot of good fixed power scopes (Burris and Leupold come to mind) that are short, light, and quality.  I've often thought a Leupold Ultralight 3x9 would be a pretty good scope.  Short, light, and quality.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 3:35:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Quoted:
quote]

The ACOG fanatics around here are going to give you a blanket party for that one.

As for short quality scopes, I don't know of too many with the "look" you're after, but there's a lot of good fixed power scopes (Burris and Leupold come to mind) that are short, light, and quality.  I've often thought a Leupold Ultralight 3x9 would be a pretty good scope.  Short, light, and quality.

I was talking about variable-mag, larger-objective scopes, the type that would have target turrets.  Not ACOG-style.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 6:36:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Both ATN scopes I had were crap...  Also, if you'll notice, ATN doesn't publish the WEIGHT of their scopes anywhere.  It's because they weigh more than pretty much ANYTHING else available.

I don't reccommend this scope for ARs often, but the SuperSniper sounds like it might fit the "look" you're going for.  It's a great piece of glass, but for me, it was too much magnification for the 5.56.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top