Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/15/2011 7:40:55 AM EDT
I'd rather be ready to go or close when I hit the range this weekend. The closest indoor range is only 25yds. How high should my POI be at 25 if I want it dialed at 100yds? I can fine tune it at the range.Thanks
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Impossible to tell without knowing the muzzle velocity of your rifle/round combination, and the height of the sights over the bore's centerline.

Yep. .22 ammo is cheap, just blow off the 25yard range, and the fee, buy a couple more boxes of ammo, and sight it in at the 100yard range. It won't take long, and that's a lot of the fun of shooting a new rifle.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I can tell you that if you're zeroed at 50 yds. you will be about 6" low at 100 yds.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 10:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I can tell you that if you're zeroed at 50 yds. you will be about 6" low at 100 yds.

Yeah I was going to say, right around 6 inches and you'll be in the ballpark.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah,the box says about 5-6 low at 100 zeroed at 50. I just got back,I got it in at about 1/2" or a little less high.I'll go from there. The scope is a Tasco RF3-7x20 and is about 3/4" above the barrel center to center so it's good. Shoots really good,I'm happy so far. Far from a new gun though. It's a Sears /Roebuck & Co. Model 2200 by Springfield believe it or not! Not sure how old,but it's like new. Only problem is that its missing the safety button on top,other than that keep it clean and wet and it rings like a bell. Anyone lookin for a nice scoped .22?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top