Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/30/2015 9:30:41 PM EDT
Yes I know a good bipod works which I already have but can anyone suggest a good bench rest setup. I've seen some at like Walmart for around $40-50 doesn't have to be top of the line just serve it's purpose. Suggestions please.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:03:04 AM EDT
[#1]
They're all crap unless you get into mid-priced ones (I'm talking Sinclair, Hart, Bald Eagle, Shadetree Engineering).  Yes, the lead sled is crap.  Aside from that, the bull bags work really well and are relatively inexpensive.  A decent bull bag is in-between the stability of a good rest and a good bipod.  

http://www.bullsbag.com/

Link Posted: 5/1/2015 8:08:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Agree with previous poster.  I just got my Bald Eagle via UPS yesterday.  It will be a very nice piece of equipment as soon as I can make a little modification to the windage adjustment feature.  On the cheap I had the Caldwell 7 rest in the back of my truck all the time.  Shit but worked ok in a pinch.  I can not wait to give the Eagle a run through!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone try these AR specific bags from Caldwell?  I have a set coming to try out.  I think they'll be usefull at the least and maybe a really great setup at best.  

http://www.amazon.com/Caldwell-Dead-Shot-Tactical-Bag/dp/B00HTNA0RY

I've found, surprisingly, that I'm not that fond of the heavy, fixed, frame-style models.  They all seem to be kind of harsh, even though you're not actually shouldering the rifle, and they still seem to let the rifle move a little so you still need to require the target.  Bags just feel more comfortable, and when nestled in firmly front-and-rear just feel more pleasant to shoot.  Another thing is they seem more comparable to how you might be shooting out in the field when you have a rest or surface found in nature...not the softness of the bags, just the position in which you'll be holding your rifle.  This can be fairly preferential, so some individual experimentation might be necessary.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I just use the cotton bags shotgun pellets come in filled with ground corn husk from my brass polisher medium.
Page AR-15 » AR Basics
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top