Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 6:38:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/20/2005 6:39:22 PM EDT by r4nger]
I've always liked shooters choice and used it in all the other rifles I have and have recently been using it in my new AR. I was just curious if there are any other products out there that worked just as good or better.

I also wanted to know how often you guys clean your guns.I've been cleaning mine after I get home from shooting.

In all my other guns even after shooting a bunch of rounds when I clean them they aren't to horribly dirty ...however I've been shooting up some left over .223 WOLF ammo I had and after shooting only about 80 rounds the barrel was filthy! Is this to be expected or is it the ammo?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:20:54 PM EDT
Wolf is dirty ammo.

You cleaner will work fine. Some say its to much. Me I just use Fp-10 (gun oil) to clean. Every 500 or soo I break out Butches bore shine to give the barrel a good cleaning.

I clean after every range trip weather its 1 round or 400 I do a field strip cleaning.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Gregory_K:
Wolf is dirty ammo. I suspected this may be the case
I clean after every range trip weather its 1 round or 400 I do a field strip cleaning. Thats what I've been doing...cleaning out the upper, barrel and bolt group.

Shooters choice definately isn't the cheapest but like I've said I find its really a great product...I guess thats what I was looking for was something that was just as good but maybe a bit cheaper.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 5:47:22 PM EDT
you can always buy the solvent in larger containers to save some cash.

i put shooters choice and Butchs bore shine at the same level of cleaning power. Hoppes is a bit less. and clp is less than hopes.
Top Top