Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/7/2006 3:58:30 PM EDT
I'm going to try to drop my 20" HBAR Upper Reciever off at the post office tommorow to be shipped to ADCO pending I can get some information on how to do it here. I delayed taking it today because I'm not sure what to do.

What all do I need to do when I take my box to the post office? Simply say "I need this shipped to [ADCO's address]"?

Will they ask me what the contents are? If so, do I tell them it is a gun part?

Do I need to tape anything to or write anything on the box?

This is my first time doing anything like this so if anyone knew the entire procedure that would be great.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 4:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:11:28 PM EDT
[#2]
So the Post Office will put all of the addresses on it then?

Will they ask me the contents of the box?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#3]
they'll just ask generic type questions, like is it a liquid, hazardous, ect.....

Mike
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 5:35:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Who puts the addresses on the box? Me or the Post Office? If I do, do I put both ADCO's address and my address?

Someone a couple of days ago told me to tape the receipt from ADCO onto the box. I'm not sure if they meant the e-mail receipt or what though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 7:43:53 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just like mailing a letter. On a piece of paper write your name and address on the upper left corner. On the center of the paper you write Adco and there address. Using clear tape, tape the piece of paper on the largest face of the box. Go to the post office, tell the clerk you want to ship the package Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insured for x amount of dollars. They will ask you a generic question (Any liquids or parishables), you reply "Nope!!!" (I normally say machined parts). They give you a total. You pay. They give you two slips one for the delivery confirmation and the other for the insurance. You say, " Thanks!!!" and walk out the door.

Make sure the box is completely sealed and do not write gun or ADCO firearms on the box. Just plain ADCO.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:15:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Just make out the address for ADCO and place it towards the center section of the box.  Place your return address in the top left corner, that is it.  They will ask you I believe it goes "Is there anything liquid, perishable, fragile, or potentially hazardous?".  
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:32:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Like others have said, it is a no-brainer.  I sent my Bushy upper to ADCO after the ban expired.  They do great work, and quick too.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Okay, I couldn't send my Upper today. Post Office was close when I got there. So now I've got two last questions.

(1.) Should I put anything inside the box so ADCO realizes that it is my Upper and what work they need to do to it?

(2.) If I drop my Upper off at the Post Office at noon on Monday will I be able to get it back in time to shoot over the Easter weekend?

Thanks for all the help.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
(1.) Should I put anything inside the box so ADCO realizes that it is my Upper and what work they need to do to it?

Go to ADCO's site and go to their "shop services" section. Select the work you want done and add it to the cart. Once done. check out and pay for it. Print out the receipt and send it with the barrel. That's all you need to do.

I can't answer your timing question. Too many variables.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
It's just like mailing a letter. On a piece of paper write your name and address on the upper left corner. On the center of the paper you write Adco and there address. Using clear tape, tape the piece of paper on the largest face of the box. Go to the post office, tell the clerk you want to ship the package Priority Mail with delivery confirmation and insured for x amount of dollars. They will ask you a generic question (Any liquids or parishables), you reply "Nope!!!" (I normally say machined parts). They give you a total. You pay. They give you two slips one for the delivery confirmation and the other for the insurance. You say, " Thanks!!!" and walk out the door.

Make sure the box is completely sealed and do not write gun or ADCO firearms on the box. Just plain ADCO.

Thanks, I took it today and it was EXACTLY the same procedure you listed above.

Thanks for the help everyone.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top