Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 1/8/2005 7:09:33 PM EDT
I'm selling off some mags and I had gent from Finland inquire about a few. Does anyone know of any laws forbidding the exporting of 30 round mags? Where do I even being to look for an answer? I need to find out about Finland's firearms laws as well to make sure they're legal there.

I've never shipped anything outside the US so I want to make sure I cover my a$$.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:25:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2005 8:44:24 PM EDT by repub18]
I think its illegal to ship any firearm parts out of the country without a export permit of some kind....
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:35:20 PM EDT
Check with the State Dept for a license to export.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:42:52 AM EDT

Items requiring an Export Permit
The US Customs Service is requiring an export permit for all orders that include bullets, brass, or rifle components (actions, triggers, barrels, stocks, etc.) shipping from the United States. We must apply for and receive these export permits through The US Department of State. This takes approximately 6 weeks for approval. Previously, there was an exemption allowing us to ship brass and bullets under 1,000 combined pieces. This exemption is no longer valid, and an export permit is now required.

Sinclair International, Inc. will submit your request for an export permit under our exporting license and forward the requested items to you by the US Postal Service only. UPS and DHL no longer accept shipments with the licensed contents. We must have an original or certified copy of your import permit along with an English translation of the permit and your signed order for approval. Your order must include your name, address, shipping address (if different) along with the description and cost of the permit items. These documents are to be mailed to us as the Department of State will not accept faxed or e-mailed documents. AN EXPORT PERMIT IS NOT REQUIRED IF YOUR ORDER DOES NOT INCLUDE LICENSABLE PRODUCTS (BULLETS, BRASS, BARRELS, TRIGGERS, ACTIONS. . .ETC.).


Gun Parts: Fees and Licenses
Many of our items are classified as Gun Parts. There are many strictly enforced rules that go along with these parts.

A Gun Part is “any item necessary to the operation of a weapon”. Many parts fall within this category, such as triggers, magazines, grips, actions, pistol frames, and barrels.

* Shippers Export Declaration Fees (SED)
An SED is required for all gun part orders and export license orders and a $5.00 charge is included for preparing the Shipper’s Export Declaration.

* Export License Fees
An Export License is required for all Gun Part orders exceeding $100 (U.S.). Export licenses are issued by the U.S. State Department and may take between 30 and 40 days to receive. Export Documentation is $10 (U.S.) per order, and an Export License will be required for each order.

Orders requiring an Export License will be shipped BAX Global or Parcel Post. Neither UPS nor FedEx will deliver these orders. If you wish to use a different freight forwarder, please list them when you place your order. Freight forwarders, besides BAX Global and Parcel Post, require an initial set-up fee of $50 (U.S.).

All actions, barreled actions, pistol frames, barrels, barrel liners, and cylinders (even if their price is less than $100, will require a United States Export License.)


Looks like it is an export problem. Not worth the hassle in my opinion.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:47:56 AM EDT
Thanks for the information gentleman. I'm afraid the gent in Finland will have to look elsewhere.
Top Top