Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/17/2004 3:00:24 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/17/2004 3:16:15 PM EST by NightWatchman]
I want to buy a case of ammo online, (first time) when it comes do I have to sign for it because I may not be there because I work?
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:32:27 PM EST
Depends on how its shipped (signature required)...

Most of the time my wife is home, but there have been a couple of times they have left cases of ammo or other goodies sitting on the front porch or in the flower bed...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 3:51:21 PM EST
I have never signed for an ammo package unless I was present in that case, you sign UPS as you always would, ammo or not. If you have concerns, you can put your signature on a piece of paper along with the tracking number and I'm sure UPS will leave it for you.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:07:35 PM EST
Even when I have purchased from a vendor that states that the ammo must be signed for, I never have. UPS has left 2000 rnds. setting on the walkway in front of the door. The lime green ORM-D could be seen by anyone driving down the street.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:18:38 PM EST
I was gonna buy some rifle ammo from an online site. It says that when UPS delivers it, they need an "adult signature". I'm 19 so I can buy rifle ammo, but UPS says you need to be 21 to sign for it. Anyone else run into this problem.

BTW I want order from www.sportsmansguide.com
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 9:58:41 PM EST

Originally Posted By woodenword:
Even when I have purchased from a vendor that states that the ammo must be signed for, I never have. UPS has left 2000 rnds. setting on the walkway in front of the door. The lime green ORM-D could be seen by anyone driving down the street.

We have so many UPS packages coming to our house(2-3 per day) this will likely occur. Worse case scenario I have to go get it myself, no big deal.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:02:08 PM EST
I had to sign before and not had to also.

Sometimes they will leave it even when the sticker says signature required
Top Top