Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/10/2003 4:30:07 PM EDT
Can anyone give me any info on Sherluk kits? The prices seem really low is this too good to be true? I have a complete lower and don't want to break the bank. It's an Armalite with J&T kit. Been lurking for a few days but I can't find much about Sherluk. Thanks. Great forum by the way, lots of good scoop.  Spackler
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Haven't done buiness with them myself, but recall seeing some good reports on them a few weeks back.  If you do order something from them, give us a heads up on how it went [:D]
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 7:48:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks shamayim, as soon as I get in touch with someone there I'll make up my mind. This will be my first AR since leaving the Corps. I'd almost forgotten how much fun they were! Even though Sherluk has very few references here in the forum it's encouraging to see only good reports. I'll post results if thats who I go with. Hell, I'll post results anyway! Spackler.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:57:42 AM EDT
[#3]
hey guys
what am I missing?
the cost of the complete upper plus all the parts for the lower(less nreceiver) is over 500.
The prices at Model 1 and J&T are between 425-450 (for basic kits).
Plus you can't beat J&T's service. (2 day turn around==I ordered Thursday and got the kit Saturday.
I hav not yet even put it together and am thinking of another. It's good to have additional sources.
If Sherluk works out for you let us know.
thanks
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#4]
hello. I have recently built 2 shurluk kits, and had no problems. very good parts, and the people were very easy to deal with. They have many more kits than whats listed on their web sight. I am very happy with them, and will buy from them again. good luck.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I've alredy got all the total rifles (four of 'em) that I need, but I'm always on the lookout for good sources of parts and odds and ends[:D]

Speaking of which, one of the best sources for AR, and other US military parts I've found is:

[url]www.usgunparts.com[/url]

A small but very efficient operation over in Alabama.  Been dealing with the owner at gun shows here in Atlanta for over 10 years. His daughter handles the phone and e mail traffic,  they get the stuff out within 24 hours 95% of the time, and prices are in the ball park. They're not always the cheapest, but if they are a dollar higher on one part, they're a dollar cheaper on another, and it all balances out. [:D]
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 12:31:14 PM EDT
[#6]
John, do they have a catalog? Other than the website all I've seen is an ad in SGN. How well did your kit shoot? Spackler.  

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.
Not golfers, you great fool! Gophers! THE LITTLE BROWN, FURRY RODENTS!
We can do that. We don't even need a reason.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 2:43:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I did my 1st build with a kit from Sherluck. Great kit went very smooth....fast delivery. If I were buying again, I would not hesitate to use them.

Mako
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 8:18:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Spackler,
The kits that i have built both run very well. very easy builds and quality parts. I experienced no problems of any kind, even with wolf ammo. I havent abused them, but under regular range conditions they shoot great.
 To the best of my knowledge, they don't have a catalog, but they do have a price and parts list. It dosen't show all the neat stuf they really have though. The selection that they have at the gunshows is usually pretty varied, all sorts of barrel and upper combos available, with lots of other things also.
  Best to give them a call at the number they have on their website. Tell them what your looking for, and i'm sure they will help you out!
good luck and good shooting!
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 10:30:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks John, thats just the info I was looking for. I'll give them a call this week. Feeling a little geeky though, the the only thing on my mind all weekend (other than Mothers Day) was finishing this AR and deciding whether or not to get a different pickup truck. OH MY GOD!! I'M A FREAKING REDNECK! I just mentioned Mom, guns, and pickup trucks all in the same sentence. And less than an hour ago I was discussing the merits of tannerite to one of my buddies. WooHoo! Spackler OUT.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 4:01:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks John, thats just the info I was looking for. I'll give them a call this week. Feeling a little geeky though, the the only thing on my mind all weekend (other than Mothers Day) was finishing this AR and deciding whether or not to get a different pickup truck. OH MY GOD!! I'M A FREAKING REDNECK! I just mentioned Mom, guns, and pickup trucks all in the same sentence. And less than an hour ago I was discussing the merits of tannerite to one of my buddies. WooHoo! Spackler OUT.

View Quote

You're a red neck?  Funny, I never heard that Arizona was part of the Old Confederacy

Now, if you put a big Stars and Bars decal on the tail gate of the pickup, we might give you honorary membership.  Of course, you also have to get stinking drunk on cheap beer every Saturday night, and be too hung over on Sunday morning to go to church; leaving the wife to take the kids by herself, and spend the rest of the day bring pissed at you, to fully qualify[:D]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 4:25:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Well, the westernmost battle of the Civil War was fought near Tucson, no Stars & Bars but plenty of U.S.M.C. stickers. I get drunk on free brew because one of my buddies works for a beer distributor, lost part of my finger in an engine stand, my wife is ALWAYS pissed at me and I learned the hard way that deer blood will ruin the paint on on your hood.   Does that count?                P.S. I won't have to wear a mullet. Will I?      

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 2:05:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, the westernmost battle of the Civil War was fought near Tucson, no Stars & Bars but plenty of U.S.M.C. stickers. I get drunk on free brew because one of my buddies works for a beer distributor, lost part of my finger in an engine stand, my wife is ALWAYS pissed at me and I learned the hard way that deer blood will ruin the paint on on your hood.   Does that count?                P.S. I won't have to wear a mullet. Will I?      

View Quote

OK, OK, we'll let you in[:D] What the heck; here in Atlanta we've got so many immigrants from up North, out West, and South of the border,you hardly ever hear a Georgia drawl any more.
Link Posted: 5/15/2003 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Why, thank you suh. You Southern folks are so nice. Any chance we could get bunch of you good ole boys to relocate out west? We're being invaded by more east and left koasties every day. Spackler out.

Link Posted: 5/15/2003 8:38:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Why, thank you suh. You Southern folks are so nice. Any chance we could get bunch of you good ole boys to relocate out west? We're being invaded by more east and left koasties every day. Spackler out.
View Quote

Heck, find me a job as a Marriage and Family Therapist in onr of your mental health facilities and I'll be there as fast as the car can make it.  Metro Atlanta has become a pollution riddled cess pool in the past ten years, and I'm not even including the air quality figures in that statement[:D]
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 3:51:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Anyway...i can't speak to prices but i've had good luck with sherluk parts and service- good folks, good stuff.
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#16]
Thanks for all the help gentlemen, I'll probably place an order this weekend. That is, if I can find out where my wife hid my wallet.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top