Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/5/2006 10:15:55 AM EDT
Lets say you had a 20" SS Wilson barreled RRA upper, without handguards, and were thinking about turning it into a Service Rifle upper.

1) Which NM free float sleeve and handguards would you use?
2) Who would you buy them from?

Thanks fellas.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:17:59 AM EDT
[#1]
RRA sells their NM parts you need separate.  You should be able to order them from anyone on the industry or find them on the EE.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
RRA sells their NM parts you need separate.  You should be able to order them from anyone on the industry or find them on the EE.

+1

Mine have been through three years of hard match use and two barrels and are still going strong
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:38:23 AM EDT
[#3]
I'd score the KAC M5 RAS...........and do so from MTSN

A perfect USMC tribute rifle.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:46:33 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Lets say you had a 20" SS Wilson barreled RRA upper, without handguards, and were thinking about turning it into a Service Rifle upper.

Thanks fellas.

Free Float Tube - White Oak Armament, used by the USMC Rifle Team

Handguards - Anything, really. I prefer Bushmaster or Colt

I'd buy it from White Oak directly, I think they have handguards, too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:49:15 AM EDT
[#5]
White Oak Service Rifle Float Tube from ADCO Firearms.

www.adcofirearms.com/acc/ProductLine2.cfm?brand=White%20Oak&page=woa
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Thanks fellas.

If the barrel still shoots, send the whole upper to WOA.  Ask about getting the rear sight pinned and a NM front sight.  Also ask about getting lead weights.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 11:16:34 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

When he said "service rifle" he meant one that meets the NRA and CMP rules for a competition service rifle.

RAS and similar FF tubes are illegal.  And please don't start with the "they issue them now" argument.  That matters none.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 2:05:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
When he said "service rifle" he meant one that meets the NRA and CMP rules for a competition service rifle.

You are in fact correct sir.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:01:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RAS and similar FF tubes are illegal.  And please don't start with the "they issue them now" argument.  That matters none.

Oh. My mistake.

I had a different picture in mind.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:27:11 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh. My mistake.

I had a different picture in mind.

No sweat.  Sorry about the defensive tone, but it gets old telling people who want to shoot their M4gery or A4gery as a serivce rifle that the definition of a service rifle isn't what the guys in the field use, but what the CMP says it is.

All that said, if what you have is an A4gery or M4gery and want to play highpower, just slap a carry handle on it and shoot in the Match Rifle category of NRA Highpower matches, where just about anything goes (except scopes and rifle rests).
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top