Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:00:15 PM EST
Larue RAS, MagPul stock, BUMAS front sight block, YHM front sight, ARMS 40L BUIS, Vortex, hogue pistol grip, barrel shortened to 14.5 with Vortex perm installed. Finished in Brownells Black teflon (every part including the rear sight was taken apart and finished so everything matches). I have some Knights rail panels for it, MFI forend grip, and a MagPul contoured trigger guard to go on it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:35:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/4/2004 3:00:15 PM EST by redfisher]
48th,

I really like that front gas block set up (BUMAS?) --I wish mine had one so I could go with the flip front sight.

How do you like it after using it versus the traditional FSB? Where did you pick it up?

Very nice work!

you do know..................its now OPTICS TIME

shrunk that puppy for you
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:28:14 PM EST
48th,
Any problems in zeroing your carbine? I have the same front set up with a ARMS #40 at the back on a 16" Dissapator, and I'm about 4" low at 50m and the front sight post is bottomed out. Using Q3131A. I'm going to remove some of the threaded bottom of the post so I can lower it even more. Just wanted to know if this was common with the Bushmaster/ARMS combo or just a problem with my carbine? I have two other rifles with the ARMS #40 and standard FSB and had no problem getting them to zero.
Aussie E
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:01:09 PM EST
I don't know about the sight issue as UPS is in posession of the rifle. I am awaiting delivery. These were pre shipping pics. I hope its not a problem, but thought their might be an issue mixing and matching sights and gas blocks.

Optics.....I have an EoTech 552 sitting here that will go on her when I get it.

I will let you know how it works out with the sights.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:04:33 PM EST
Oh, and BUMAS is part of the proprietary Bushmaster parts that I believe are made by YHM. The gas block and front sight can be bought direct from YHM allthough it looks a little different. The sight and the gas block are sold as a set from Bushmaster, and I think it works out a little cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:05:29 PM EST
curious, why didnt you get a DD 9.5 or something similar? What's the point of having a FF rail, but then, add a sling loop to the rail that's on the barrel?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:29:17 PM EST
When i was back home in TN i ran into dan at a range, got to talking and ended up going over to his shop and having him do some work on my FAL. Great guy to deal with and does great work. His shop is very well stocked lol. I got to see all his "toys" while i was there
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:01:27 AM EST
Like I said. I have not received the rifle yet. The front sling swivel will be mounted to the front of the RAS or I will take it off completely and use a single point sling.

Not that it makes a difference, this is a 14.5 barrel (not a 24" HBAR) and no tension would be put on the sling swivel when using the giles sling. I might even leave it there because it looks cool and pisses off the puritans.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:31:21 AM EST
uber bling bling
Top Top