Posted: 9/21/2004 3:00:58 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 3:02:23 PM EST by Warrior-Poet]
Early (SN 02xxx)

CAL 5.56 MM
XM 15 E2
SER 02xxx

Semi & Safe
Barrington IL

Upper says C on RS just below rear sight wheel, and M just to the right of that.

Underside of barrel has 12 just aft of FH (bird cagte) and just aft of that a very small C.

On barrel, in the gap between the FSB rings is an inverted M. FSB itself is very clean, no casting marks/lines on exterior surfaces, and no ID on FSB.

Upper is grey MilSpec oxide I think, lower is maybe black paint over oxide? Lower is also apparently a small-pin, and upper front hole is bushed w/ a copper-colored (copper tubing ) insert. Traingular HG, HG ring is cylinder, not delta.

I know a bit about SENDRA, Drasen, and NESRAD, and the ATF history. Anything else?

TIA!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:19:02 PM EST

Originally Posted By Warrior-Poet:
Early (SN 02xxx)

CAL 5.56 MM
XM 15 E2
SER 02xxx

Semi & Safe
Barrington IL

Upper says C on RS just below rear sight wheel, and M just to the right of that.

Underside of barrel has 12 just aft of FH (bird cagte) and just aft of that a very small C.

On barrel, in the gap between the FSB rings is an inverted M. FSB itself is very clean, no casting marks/lines on exterior surfaces, and no ID on FSB.

Upper is grey MilSpec oxide I think, lower is maybe black paint over oxide? Lower is also apparently a small-pin, and upper front hole is bushed w/ a copper-colored (copper tubing ) insert. Traingular HG, HG ring is cylinder, not delta.

I know a bit about SENDRA, Drasen, and NESRAD, and the ATF history. Anything else?

TIA!

pics would be nice
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:26:19 PM EST
I have a Sendra carbine that I bought new in around 1986 (I think....I would have to check my receipt). Mine was built with all M-16 parts. it still had the full auto selector switch on it! I switched the selector to an AR years ago. I have tried to remember what I did with the original parts but have not been able to find them. My lower is the funkiest purple I have seen lately. The rifle was stored for many years until I got it out a couple months ago. It had so many failures that I put it away until I get time to mess with enough to get it to run right.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:49:17 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:28:03 PM EST
Sendra made lowers, and Nesard sold parts kits. I don't think the Sendra part of the operation ever made rifles, just lowers. Back in the 80's the Sendra, PWA, and Olympic Arms lowers seemed to be the most popular. There weren't a lot of options in buying stripped lowers back then as there are now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:01:00 PM EST

Originally Posted By Warrior-Poet:
Early (SN 02xxx)

CAL 5.56 MM
XM 15 E2
SER 02xxx

You have one of the earlier E2 models, made toward the beginning of 1984. Can't tell ya about the barrel markings though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:58:49 PM EST
MANY thanks. I'll work on pics.

Eraser
The FTF/Malfunction: ever categorize 'what kind'. Haven't fired this one yet. It spent a lonely life as a safe queen since the guy inherited it and wasn't an AR shooter.

Again, MANY thanks!
Top Top