Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2012 10:11:34 AM EDT
I have a LWRC M6A2 that is unfired.  I have added a lot of accessories to it and want to sell those as well.   Is it better to part everything out and sell just the rifle itself, or are there people that would want a higher end rifle complete with all its accessories?

Here is what is on it.

LWRC M6A2 with the 14.7" with a pinned A2 flash hider.  Unfired with all the factory accessories.
Aimpoint H-1 with LaRue tall QD mount.
Surefire Scout light with Surefire SR-07 rail mounted switch at 12 o'clock
LaRue Index clips on all empty rail space and to do cord management for the light pressure switch cord.

From the pictures I see on this forum, a lot of people buy Aimpoints and surefire lights for their guns.  So I wasn't sure if it made sense to sell it all together in a package deal or keep it separate.

Let me know your thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 10:14:35 AM EDT
Typically you're better off selling everything separately. People on this forum know what they want, and with a rifle with 5 different options on it, chances are it's not going to be absolutely perfect for anyone, so they aren't going to pay a "perfect" price.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:37:32 AM EDT
Quoted:
Typically you're better off selling everything separately. People on this forum know what they want, and with a rifle with 5 different options on it, chances are it's not going to be absolutely perfect for anyone, so they aren't going to pay a "perfect" price.

Agreed, maybe offer a small discount for buying multiple items since it will save you on shipping, and trips to the post office.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 11:47:53 AM EDT
Wh do you want to sell?  If it's not a necessity I'd keep it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:49:30 PM EDT
You have nice parts on your rifle .I would piece it out.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 2:51:10 PM EDT
I am considering selling a couple if rifles to add a little more down payment to a new house we are buying.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:42:39 PM EDT
Make 100% sure you do a bill of sale, this saved my ass.
Also part out, you will net Alot more
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 3:47:01 PM EDT
They are all good items and would sell together or separate.

My thought is that rifle will be expensive and if added in the cost of the Aimpoint and light will make it over some budgets.
It would be better to sell separate and then as the buyer has the funds can buy and optic and light later.
They may even have and optic already and don't need it.

I would list a price as the rifle alone and with the options.
See how it goes but You will make more on it individually.
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 4:17:25 PM EDT
Quoted:
I have a LWRC M6A2 that is unfired.  I have added a lot of accessories to it and want to sell those as well.   Is it better to part everything out and sell just the rifle itself, or are there people that would want a higher end rifle complete with all its accessories?

Here is what is on it.

LWRC M6A2 with the 14.7" with a pinned A2 flash hider.  Unfired with all the factory accessories.
Aimpoint H-1 with LaRue tall QD mount.
Surefire Scout light with Surefire SR-07 rail mounted switch at 12 o'clock
LaRue Index clips on all empty rail space and to do cord management for the light pressure switch cord.

From the pictures I see on this forum, a lot of people buy Aimpoints and surefire lights for their guns.  So I wasn't sure if it made sense to sell it all together in a package deal or keep it separate.

Let me know your thoughts.

Why don't you write down here what you paid for everything the condition each part is in and what you think you should get for it and then everyone can tell what you should expect for that part or the total

Maybe someone will see this and want to buy it if its a good deal

Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:08:24 PM EDT
Sell everything separately. Start by asking 85% of the original price?
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:21:42 PM EDT
Piece by piece...
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:54:13 PM EDT
Agreed, separate the package. Selling the extra accessories will just require an extra trip to the post office since your seller will pay shipping (if that's the case). However, your profit would be much more
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 5:57:58 PM EDT
Thanks for the advice.  I will leave prices I paid out of this post so that nobody takes this as a "want to sell" ad.  I will list the gun as is, and offer a price for each component if they want them seperately after the gun sells.

Thanks again!
Link Posted: 10/6/2012 6:30:54 PM EDT

YES!  I agree completely.   On various other gun related WEB sites, there are always people running ads offering tricked-out, heavily accessorized used AR rifles with hefty price tags.   Those advertisement run week after week, month after month with the complete rifle unsold.  

In the past, I've quickly sold off various upper assemblies and components. I always keep the lower receiver group and toss it into a draw someplace for some future whimsical project.  As other posters have said, everybody has personal preferences with this stuff.  The strength of the highly modular design of the AR15 actually works against selling off a moderately customized complete rifle.   Take the thing apart and the components will probably move out quick.     Good luck!
Top Top