Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/20/2004 3:18:50 PM EDT
wondering how this ammo from cabelas is??? im in need of some good shooting ammo for close range targets. going to use this in my gun to carry around a farm, and kill beavers. the more stopping power the better i guess. im also looking at the Q3131a, its $4 a box of 20 at my local gunstore, but i liek the heavier 62 gr bullets. tell me what you think

cory
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:39:02 AM EDT
[#2]
well, you never know... i also wanted to try to peirce through the beavers lodge with something.

cory
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:46:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Folks wondering about this or that ammo, what's good, bad or dangerous haven't read this thread, "tacked to the top of this forum", which is why it's there........, for easy access.

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=16&t=169729

Mike
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:57:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I realize this is kinda off topic, but a couple years ago, I had a beaver problem on my place. Two dams on two different creeks and threatening to flood about 10 acres.

They are a challenge to shoot and a lot of fun, but I was getting in serious trouble with the size of the big dam, so I spoke with a friend whose dad had trapped beaver years ago and was told, if you can trap the female, the rest will move out, which was exactly what happened.

We set a trapon top of the dam, dug out just enough of the dam to make the water run over the top (about 8" wide and 4" deep), then pushed some approximately 1" sticks in the dam forming a "V" leading to the trap on the upstream side of the dam. During the night, the female came to investigate the water running over the dam and was caught! No beaver problems since.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:09:08 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought all beavers were female?
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top