Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/4/2003 6:48:51 AM EDT
This is an ammo question. 223 Ammo is pretty difficult to get here in my contry (Netherlands) and the only thing available at reasonable level is S&B .223 FMJ steel jacket with thin tombac walsed arount it (0.04 mm S&B has replied to my question) S&B as well as Bushmaster told be these rounds do NOT cause extra barrel/bore wear since the tombac layer would be thick enough to prevent the steel contacting the bore. So, I should feel comfortable. Nevertheless I'm not, recently I talked to 2 different rifle and ammo retailers both telling me they wouldn't sell S&B for that specific reason.
Either I would like to feel comfortable using S&B or just reject it based on solid arguments.
Thanks, leonard
Link Posted: 6/4/2003 8:45:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Feel comfortable using it.  It works fine, and pretty accurate in my gun.

It won't fragment though, due to steel.

Check out the Ammunition Board...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top