Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 8:03:57 PM EDT
What do you guys think of the guys on the EE still asking old preban prices and directly targeting buyers with state AWB's? Personally, I think its very low. I've already offered to trade my preban lowers out to guys still having a ban. It just seems very distastefull to me.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
It'll probably be like that for a while.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Something I'm seeing that's sad is that dealers are jacking up the prices of LE mags. LE Glock mags have been $20 for the longest. Now you got dealers everywhere remarking them to $30-$40! This is sad. Many of us have put in alot of work to make sure this ban died and this is how they do us? Some of them are the same dealers who were skeptical and outright anti about the ban going away. I say now is the time speak from the wallet and remember the dealers who held true to the game and didn't try to gouge us.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:53:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Something I'm seeing that's sad is that dealers are jacking up the prices of LE mags. LE Glock mags have been $20 for the longest. Now you got dealers everywhere remarking them to $30-$40! This is sad. Many of us have put in alot of work to make sure this ban died and this is how they do us? Some of them are the same dealers who were skeptical and outright anti about the ban going away. I say now is the time speak from the wallet and remember the dealers who held true to the game and didn't try to gouge us.

I would not buy a damn thing from a dealer like that!
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 11:03:28 PM EDT
[#4]
VA-D,

These dealers are scabs, nothing more.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 12:25:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Just support those here (internet dealers)  that supported us. One hand scratches the other.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:26:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I was not targeting dealers when I started this thread. I'm talking about the individuals on the EE taking advantage of the guys with state AWB's.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 2:31:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Next time you see a dealer asking $40 for an LEO mag, remind him that a coating of KY Jelly will make it insert easier.

Bill
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Next time you see a dealer asking $40 for an LEO mag, remind him that a coating of KY Jelly will make it insert easier.

Bill

good one

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:25:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:35:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I think it's just business and not worth worrying about, plenty of dealers and private individuals got used to thinking about their pre-ban rifles and mags as being worth the pre-ban price and just can't accept that they're now worth much less, kind of like people who keep a stock that is tanking because they've "fallen in love with it."

I am sure there are plenty of dealers out there who mourn the passing of the ban.

True but maybe they (dealers) will start to make it up in their volume of sales. I know I want to buy some stuff ASAP!!! Lots of stuff.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:38:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 4:42:06 AM EDT
[#12]
They are probably just trying to make (some of) their money back.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:20:53 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
They are probably just trying to make (some of) their money back.

You're right Just', but I look at it this way: For the guys that bought a pre-ban two years ago for their own enjoyment and shooting nothing has changed.  Whatever it is they get from owning an "M-4" with a bayo' lug and sliding stock is still there for them this morning.  That they can't run out and sell it for what they have into it money-wise doesn't mean anything because they bought it to have and not to resale for a profit.

For the guys that bought these lowers and rifles on SPEC' and got caught with them after the ban?  Well, that's just business and the market turned down 9 hrs ago (With BTW, LOTS of warning it was doing so).
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:31:53 AM EDT
[#14]
 F#%* EM  buy new.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:59:22 AM EDT
[#15]
I just went to a gunshow, saw some dealer selling what was then a used pre-ban AR for ~$1300. I asked him what he was going to sell it for after the 14th, he stated "the same damn price". I just looked at him, laughed, and said "good luck, buddy"! The arrogant SOB was going to try to sell this used POS for more than I could now buy new. The real kicker is that this weapon had no particularly distigushing characteristic. Just a plain 'ol 6601 HBAR.

Some guys just don't get it.

F**k 'em...I'm getting to the point where gun shows are so full of arrogant POS dealers with their overpriced junk from the backroom that I won't bother to go anymore. I'll just stick with the Internet and my local shop.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#16]
VA_dinger:

Ya...  There definitely is a lot of gouging, or at least attempted gouging, going on.

I've posted two threads, one on the AR discussions and one on EE.  I'm a NY resident, and trying to get my hands on a preban for a decent price.  I had hoped to get someone's decent stripped lower, and buy then a new No-Ban.  I had sort of figured that there might me SOMEONE willing to try to help a fellow shooter.

Well, so much for the "brotherhood".   These posts have been viewed some 100 times.  I have had but a handful of responses by a few individuals willing to do be the favor of selling me a preban lower for a mere $700.  Others have posted that they are willing to sell their preban to AWB states for a mere $1300.

The gouging is definite.  At these prices the owners are welcome to keep them (I have a few ideas about appropriate locations in which to store their prebans.....  better lube them bayo lugs).  

Lets get real here.  Prebans were $1300 rifles for the last ten years.  The ban ends in 37 minutes.  These 11+ year old prebans are now just used rifles.  New RRA and Bushies are $750 guns NEW IN BOX.  My last postban cost less than $700 delivered and with FFL fee!.  Used , former "prebans" are now used guns.  Unless they are some collectible scarce variant, they are now worth LESS than new No-Ban guns on a national scale.  In a state like NY Preban status will still matter, and command a modest premium.

What pisses my off most is not the anti-gun buttholes like Clinton, Schummer, and FiensteinI expect these idiots to act like asshoels.  However, I am more disappointed with many of the posts I've read here.  It's shooter gouging shooter, everyman man for himself, buyer beware.  I had sort of expected a different sort of response.  

Its a pretty sorry state of affairs..............

Frozenny

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:34:10 PM EDT
[#17]
tarfu64,  i am with you.  the few shows i went to in CO. have been a joke.  i could spend some money, if the attitude was better.  the internet has been great for me-no interaction!!

my "favorite" local shop jacked their glock mags over 50% and have the balls to still brag they are LEO(!), but now available.  are the cops cool with the increase?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:34:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What do you guys think of the guys on the EE still asking old preban prices and directly targeting buyers with state AWB's? Personally, I think its very low. I've already offered to trade my preban lowers out to guys still having a ban. It just seems very distastefull to me.

I thought the same thing looking at a certain someones post about 'dumping' some of his 'prebans' and asking ~1400 for them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:53:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I went to a show in Middletown NY this past weekend and the big AR15 dealer there actually jacked up the prices of his already previously overpriced prebans.  Also while others dropped the prices of their mags in half, he was selling his for $35-$45.  Also, $185 for a stripped Eagle Arms lower.  What a douche bag.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:59:23 PM EDT
[#20]
I would take a new condition preban over a new no-ban rifle any day. One that is marked AR-15 or Gov't  Carbine and knowing I could move to a ban state and be able to keep it.

I have nothing for sale and don't plan too, but there is value in some of the prebans that don't have a sear block, roll marked AR 15 A2 vs. SPORT-O and as stated above the ability to move to a ban state and keep it.

We still do not know how everything is going to unfold over the course of the next year .

Is a roll mark worth $300, in a world that a mounted flashlight costs $500 your damn right it is!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Jesus ... the thing I caught today that more than pissed me off:

A once RESPECTABLE quality company,  known as Specialized Armament, managed to bump the price of the Colt ar15 6450 9mm from  $901 to $1195 OVERNIGHT.  A $300 dollar increase is REDICULOUS!  I called a week ago and inquired about the price/availability since 3 were shown in-stock at the time, of course they didnt have any   LoL

Not to mention every other model going up $200 to $300 as well.   Just support the dealers that are not trying to rape you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:09:06 PM EDT
[#22]
That $500 flashlight is pretty stupid too.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#23]

Lets get real here.  Prebans were $1300 rifles for the last ten years.  The ban ends in 37 minutes.  These 11+ year old prebans are now just used rifles.

Unfortunately this is not true. The 11+ year old prebans are still going to command somewhat of a premium. They are still the only guns with evil features allowed in some states. They are still marked differently and markings on a collectible rifle (which is ANYTHING AT ALL that has the four letters COLT on it) are half the value. I forsee prices falling somewhat, but they are still going to be worth more than a no-ban rifle.

As for price increases on new stuff, it's to be expected. It's the same thing that happens in ANY industry. Look at harley davidson motorcycles. There was a time when you couldn't buy unless you were willing to pay above sticker cost for them. If something is in demand, its going to command a premium price. You can either agree to pay it or wait for things to settle down somewhat. Just remember that those who stockpiled these rifles and mags took a gamble that the ban was going to sunset. You shouldn't hold it against them because they won. It could have easily went the other way and left them stuck with a surplus of stock they wouldn't be able to move.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top