Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
7/8/2020 3:01:36 PM
Posted: 12/12/2013 5:30:33 AM EDT
Have built one AR, about to start on my second. First was a rifle, this one will be a pistol in .300 Blackout. Built the first with an ALG ACT trigger, which I definitely like more than my buddy's generic "mil-spec." At this point, I am planning on another ACT for the pistol. It will be a hog/deer/trunk gun. So:

Why should I buy your favourite trigger? What are the features and benefits I am missing?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:38:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 5:40:34 AM EDT by RDTCU]
Originally Posted By jhota:
Have built one AR, about to start on my second. First was a rifle, this one will be a pistol in .300 Blackout. Built the first with an ALG ACT trigger, which I definitely like more than my buddy's generic "mil-spec." At this point, I am planning on another ACT for the pistol. It will be a hog/deer/trunk gun. So:

Why should I buy your favourite trigger? What are the features and benefits I am missing?
View Quote

For a hunting or general use gun, I'd say you're good with the ACT, best bang for the buck IMO.

I've got nicer triggers in target rifles, but I still like the ACT for everything else.  You're not going to be looking for that extra 0.02 from your split times.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:40:27 AM EDT
I'm using an ACT trigger, so I don't have to sell you on it.

It seems very good for $65/  

If I were looking in to any other trigger, I would go ahead and put a Geissele SSA in it.  Those are the only 2 trigger upgrades I would consider at this point.  I'm sure there are others that are fine, but those are my choices.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:46:38 AM EDT
For a pistol you're fine with the act. I run the geissele SDC only in all of mine. I love the flat trigger, and once I started using a two stage I had a hard time switching back.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:50:24 AM EDT
The Rock River two stage is nice.  I have them in both my AR's.  They are about $100.  Non adjustable like the higher priced triggers but if you polish the contact points before installing, you get a good pull with no perceivable creep.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:58:16 AM EDT
I like the SSA-E and the KAC two stage.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:01:38 AM EDT
My long distance gun has a SSA-E but all of my other AR's have Amy's ACT trigger in them. For general purpose and self defense, they work just fine. Best "Stock GI feeling" trigger I've ever had.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:29:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 7:30:56 AM EDT by delirious1]
Some like two stage triggers.   Personally, I like one stage and I like them tight.   I use Timney triggers.   I like a 3 pound trigger.   I also have a 4 pound for my 308.  They are pretty easy to install.  If you want a two stage, can't beat a geissele from what I've read.

My Timney is in a 300 AAC and a 223 pistol.  No problems shooting both.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:08:20 AM EDT
My favorite trigger for a semi-auto is a stock one on an M1 Garand. Good luck getting that on your AR.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:03:56 AM EDT
SSA. You won't regret it.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:06:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 9:06:35 AM EDT by Brutus2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RDTCU:

For a hunting or general use gun, I'd say you're good with the ACT, best bang for the buck IMO.

I've got nicer triggers in target rifles, but I still like the ACT for everything else.  You're not going to be looking for that extra 0.02 from your split times.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jhota:

I cant tell the difference between the QMS or the ACT and the QMS is only $45. For me its the QMS with J.P springs or the Giessele SSA-e
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:14:57 AM EDT

Originally Posted By M4-AR:

SSA. You won't regret it.
View Quote
This.

Everyone who's shot my AR with the SSA has commented on how nice it is.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:16:13 AM EDT
Geissele SD/C
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:43:38 AM EDT
geisselle ssa-e, or ANYTHING geisselle.  They sell themselves... you will not be disapointed
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:52:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 10:52:44 AM EDT by 556NAT0]
Originally Posted By mbreckner:
geisselle ssa-e, or ANYTHING geisselle.  They sell themselves... you will not be disapointed
View Quote

I agree! While I am a total AR snob, I am not a trigger snob by any means. I have a good amount of time on the standard AR trigger and it did leave something to be desired. I always liked two stages, I like a little take up and the predictability of when the rifle will fire and I try to shoot off the reset. I recently just jumped into a Geisselle G2S, low entry cost and supposed to be the lesser enhanced version of the much loved SSA. Not disappointed and never going back are pretty darn good ways to describe the Geisselle triggers. I'd strongly urge you to consider a Geisselle trigger.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:03:15 AM EDT
Geiselle or nothing.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:04:26 AM EDT
Geissele.

You're welcome.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:07:50 AM EDT
"Favourite" and South Carolina doesn't add up.

But yes, as others have said, go Geissele.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 11:10:14 AM EDT
I am very pleased with my Wilson Combat TTU trigger that I put in a 10.5" Noveske.  I don't care for 2 stage triggers.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:13:24 PM EDT
I just installed an ACT and I never realized how bad stock triggers were until I tried the ACT (and the ACT isn't even on the list of the "great" triggers).
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:24:24 PM EDT
Originally Posted By brich2929:
Geissele.

You're welcome.
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:46:44 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bjesse60:

This!
View All Quotes
Geissele.

You're welcome.

This!

another vote for the SSA.
ssa-e/sdc/sd3g/nm etc are all on the lighter side
for precision guns and competition shooting,
you will love the SSA and get your moneys worth.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 1:47:55 PM EDT
Originally Posted By teeli:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By teeli:
Geissele.

You're welcome.

This!

All the above.  Worth every penny, and more.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:20:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 2:21:07 PM EDT by drop11]
Geissele SD-E. What I'm about to say now won't make sense to a lot of you but but I swapped out the hammer spring on the Geissele with one from a spare RRA NM trigger and the trigger pull is even sweeter. It is silky smooth. I have swapped them back and forth several times and I cant really describe it but the RRA spring just makes that trigger feel like super wet sex. It also made the break a touch cleaner and crisper. I don't really feel any change to the pull weight at all.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 2:44:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/12/2013 2:46:39 PM EDT by MS556]
My favorite trigger is NOT in an AR.   Assuming you are talking about my favorite AR 15 trigger, then you need to tell us how you intend to use the rifle.   There is no best trigger without knowing how it is to be used, because knowing the answer to that question will produce a different "favorite" for most of us.

So, answer my question, and I'll answer yours.  Fair enough?  Not trying to be smart.  Trying to be useful.  Good triggers are not cheap and I don't want you to buy based on a poll of hodge-podge uses.   Combat, CQB, general tactical, precision, hunting, long range precision, 3Gun, ar all likely produce a DIFFERENT "favorite".  And a mixed use rifle will produce a compromise "favorite."
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:07:56 PM EDT
I have an SSA and love it. I just purchased an SSA-E for my build I am doing yesterday for $180 at Primary Arms (use code ssae2)
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:05:24 PM EDT
I run a Geissele SSA in one of 300V7, a Timney straight 4lb in my DDM4V5 300BLK and about to put a Timney in my DDM4V1 5.56. Both are outstanding. The Noveske's mil-spec is actually pretty good.

I like the looks of the Wilson units as well but havent tried any.

BA
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:49:30 PM EDT
I'd just like to know what the closest reproduction of a national match M1a trigger is for the AR15. That was the best trigger I've shot factory wise.

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:19:13 PM EDT
Originally Posted By AR-Ryan21:
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 5:21:58 PM EDT
Favorite?  Geissele Hi-Speed with DMR spring pack.

Try it and it'll sell itself

I tend to think their SSA-E is a better general purpose trigger, though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 8:06:41 PM EDT
View All Quotes

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/3670-lolwut.jpg

I don't recall seeing many Americans using "favourite" and not "favorite." Heck, my iPhone just tried to autocorrect favourite to favorite, and is showing it as a misspelled word as we speak.

Sorry, I've never made a grammar correction comment ever around here before; and never expected to. I just found this one funny.

Figured that'd be easy to pick up on.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 9:07:15 PM EDT
I tend to just use ACT and G2S triggers depending on the role of the rifle. I'm a cheap bastard but I'm happy with them.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 10:18:27 PM EDT
Originally Posted By MS556:
My favorite trigger is NOT in an AR.   Assuming you are talking about my favorite AR 15 trigger, then you need to tell us how you intend to use the rifle.   There is no best trigger without knowing how it is to be used, because knowing the answer to that question will produce a different "favorite" for most of us.

So, answer my question, and I'll answer yours.  Fair enough?  Not trying to be smart.  Trying to be useful.  Good triggers are not cheap and I don't want you to buy based on a poll of hodge-podge uses.   Combat, CQB, general tactical, precision, hunting, long range precision, 3Gun, ar all likely produce a DIFFERENT "favorite".  And a mixed use rifle will produce a compromise "favorite."
View Quote

Hmmm...this is AR15.COM, after all...  
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 12:46:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/13/2013 4:16:22 AM EDT by balloo93]
Originally Posted By Hunterex:
I tend to just use ACT and G2S triggers depending on the role of the rifle. I'm a cheap bastard but I'm happy with them.
View Quote

I have a SSA and G2S and they have the same feel and using a buddy of mine's trigger pull gauge, the same pull.  Very nice triggers and the SSA has a VERY solid rep for reliability.

G2S is a damn good trigger to try them out and see if you like them.  Think of it as a "gate way" trigger.  From there you will want to try even more of the Geissele offerings.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 3:19:26 AM EDT
Really like my G2S and can't beat such a good trigger for the price. Never tried out an SSA but everyone here has said they feel basically the same.
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 7:20:01 AM EDT
Geissele SSA. Once you use one, you'll want them in everything
Link Posted: 12/13/2013 2:56:45 PM EDT

View All Quotes

I thought I explained what I was using it for in my question; hunting and trunk gun.

Originally Posted By Lennyo3034:
My favorite trigger for a semi-auto is a stock one on an M1 Garand. Good luck getting that on your AR.

I thought this was AR Discussions. Sorry for not specifying AR triggers.

Anywho, looks like consensus is that I'd be happy with another ACT or pretty much any Geissele. I'll start looking for good prices on the SSA or SSA-E, then.

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/3670-lolwut.jpg

I don't recall seeing many Americans using "favourite" and not "favorite." Heck, my iPhone just tried to autocorrect favourite to favorite, and is showing it as a misspelled word as we speak.

Sorry, I've never made a grammar correction comment ever around here before; and never expected to. I just found this one funny.

Figured that'd be easy to pick up on.

Because of some odd vagaries in my education, I tend to use OED spelling in many cases. Tyre, cheque, realise, etc. While I recognise that it's not common, it's not something I've bothered to unlearn, either. I am Lowcountry born and bred, though.
Top Top