Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/13/2005 2:25:56 PM EDT
Ok so I lost my selector detent and i do not have another. Will a takedown pin detent do the job until i get another?

If not......where can I find another without buying a whole lower parts kit?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:31:30 PM EDT
[#1]
No,i dont think it will,it is smaller than the safty detent, you can get another from almost anywhere,Stag, BM, just check the industry forums and start looking.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I put the takedown detent in just to try and it is too small. It will not move from fire to safe. But the rifle still functions fine other than not being able to put it on safe. I promised some people I would take them to my private range in a couple of days so I think I am going to fire it anyway until the new detent shows up. I will just have to keep it unloaded the whole time untill I am aiming downrange.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#3]
You can get em at Armalite for $1.  Might wanna check it out.  If you look around you might be able to find it for 50 cents.

Armalite
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:51:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I learned the hard way when I lost rear takedown pin spring. Buy spares.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
If it doesn't arrive in time, you can dremel a nail of the right diameter.
(I wouldn't suggest this for duty/defensive use.)
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Ok I got one from RRA. the detent cost 1.50 but shipping was cheaper from them than anyone else. One place wanted me to pay 13$ shipping for a 50c detent.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:09:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok I got one from RRA. the detent cost 1.50 but shipping was cheaper from them than anyone else. One place wanted me to pay 13$ shipping for a 50c detent.

That is CRAZY considering you can put one of those in an envelope with a .37 cent stamp on it
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 3:13:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah ain't that great,another member of another board lost his and i offered to send him one for 4.00 and other members posted i was trying to rip him off.
I had just paid 7.50 for shipping two springs from Brownells.
4.00$      Padded envelope,postage,stand in line at PO.1.50 cost on said spring.
             Made me out to be some kind of crook!
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:40:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Yeah ain't that great,another member of another board lost his and i offered to send him one for 4.00 and other members posted i was trying to rip him off.
I had just paid 7.50 for shipping two springs from Brownells.
4.00$      Padded envelope,postage,stand in line at PO.1.50 cost on said spring.
             Made me out to be some kind of crook!

Damn Nazis
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top