Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2002 10:56:23 AM EDT
Looking for a decent mid priced ($200-300) Scopes for Bushmaster A2 Top.

What are opinions of the ATN 5x33L Rifle Scope?
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 11:53:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Looking for a decent mid priced ($200-300) Scopes for Bushmaster A2 Top.

What are opinions of the ATN 5x33L Rifle Scope?

Cheap Chinees Junk

For that price range I like the IOR M2, but I also think it still sits a bit too high for a comfortable cheek weld.

Try looking for a used orginal Colt Scope (I recommend 3x over 4x for a better view in low light).  You should be able to get a used one for under $300 on the Equipment Exchange.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 7:04:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Get an IOR 4x24M2, Castle Arms has a complete set up with the scope mount and rings for $350.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:32:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I seem to recall an ad in SGN for a Leupold 3x9x40 for $239 that CDNN was selling. Also, I can't think of the name of the company in Prescott,Az but they always run a large ad in SGN, they had the same scope for the same price.
Link Posted: 9/16/2002 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#4]
In that price range Nikon makes THE best scope out there. I have a BSA on my AR-15 that is fair for about $150-175.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
ATN is Chinese? I thought they were American?
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:08:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Pat-Riot:

The *company* might be, but their products certainly aren't. The ATN "Digital Ultra-Sight" (holo-sight type) for example, is made in Belarus. Other products of theirs are made in China.

Tasco was an American *company* too...

Link Posted: 9/18/2002 6:25:01 AM EDT
[#7]
i have an atn 5x33 pro. It is far from junk. the only complaint i have is it is a freaking tank. Heavy and bulky. Works well on my bench gun but i wouldn't want to drag it through the muck.

I paid around 175.00 for mine about 3 years ago. It is easily worth that. Optics are very clear.

The scopes are not made in china. they are made in Odessa, Ukraine

"Our facilities spread through two continents (we have manufacturing facilities in Odessa, Ukraine and R&D and engineering facilities in the U.S.)"

I would not recommend this for a hunting type scope due to the size and weight. But for inside 200yrs, tacticle or bench it performs VERY well.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 2:48:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I have uses the ATN 2 x 6  for the past year on my carbine for the past year and been very happy with it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#9]
I have a Beeman SS3 3x20AO that is amazing.  It has great crosshairs, skylight reticle (illum ret attachment is optional) and quick adjust elevation.  I think its been discontinued, but you can probably find one used.  Beeman also has a lifetime warranty on its scopes.  I couldn't be happier with it!

Yes, I know that's a lot of mount for such a little scope, but I need the length for the other scope I use.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top