Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/2/2006 4:40:02 PM EDT
Hi,

Can anyone suggest some good safe shooting ranges that are AR friendly?  The only place I have tried so far is Renton Game and Fish Club.  I liked the range a lot, but you can only 'single load' there.  Good if I am zeroing or practicing at a bench, but I am looking for something a little more.  So far I have only really gone there and at a safe spot in the National Forest.  As you can imagine, the forest spot is dead until the summer.  Any help/advice would be much appreciated as I am a fairly new AR shooter.

Thanks,
-icy
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 4:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
here
Sorry had to say it...used to live over that way....not to sure of any thing around seattle, best bet would be hop on 90 and head east towards cle elum, maybee something towards duvall? Nice thing about up here in the woods is when the neibors complain just tell them to *@#%  *** and go back to hippyland....  Maybee bullseye in tacoma its a indoor range but for some reason i wanna say that there set up for it...well good luck....hunter121  
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:03:08 PM EDT
[#2]
You ought to check out your Hometown Forum

PLACES TO SHOOT IN WASHINGTON

This link was archived, I hope you can get it.

Welcome to the site!
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 5:06:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Over on Kitsap, I like Poulsbo Sportsman Club (outside Silverdale).  Nice facility.  And, since we are surrounded by military bases, everything is cool.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
 The only place I have tried so far is Renton Game and Fish Club.  I liked the range a lot, but you can only 'single load' there.  

Learn to bump well enough to dump the mag.  Always keep a fully loaded 30 rounder in your range bag.  Wait for a day where the F&G is full of Elmer Fudds.  Lock and load.  Dump all 30 in one pull.  Walk out with a shit-eating grin on  your face.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 6:33:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If you don't mind going north a bit, Sams Guns @ 99 and Airport was closest to me and was pretty good, charged a bit more for AR shooting though.

Further north is the Arlington range that was always a good bet, never used their outdoor facilities but they do have a video range which can be cool.

try
www.packing.org/range/washington/
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 10:05:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Sportsman Range in Issaquah.  You can load up to 10 rds.
Link Posted: 2/2/2006 11:52:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the good info guys.  Hopefully this weekend I'll get to get out and check these places out.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:00:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks for the good info guys.  Hopefully this weekend I'll get to get out and check these places out.

I need to head out there soon to see how well BH 75gr works on my rifles.  Maybe next week.

PS, you should head over to the Washington forum in the Hometown thingy.
Link Posted: 2/3/2006 12:00:58 AM EDT
[#9]
sorry for double posting
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top