Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/23/2005 11:13:50 AM EDT
Hey guys,

Here's what I'm looking for but I don't know if it exists? Basically it would look like this...

but would only be a 2-pt config.

A. - I really like the rear attachment as is.
B. - I could deal with the front attachment as is but I would rather it connect straight to a side sling adaptor without wrapping the front handguard.
C. - I have no need or desire for the 3 – pt

Basically I just want a 2 point sling so that I can “sling it” on my shoulder when coming to\leaving the range and to help stabilize the rifle when shooting off hand.

I know the Blue Force Gear unit can be configured either way but that thing is way more money and versatile then what I need here but I would like something a little nicer then the normal USGI sling.

Thanks
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 12:29:53 PM EDT
You could take the following:

1. V-Tac buttstock sling adaptor
2. Front side sling swivel
3. Israeli sling

and do what you want. The Israeli sling has hooks at both ends, so you can hook directly to the side sling swivel. I haven't used my setup (just like I stated) to help with offhand shots, but instead as a tactical setup/carry strap.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 4:45:29 PM EDT
The IDF sling is not configured to be used in the "hasty sling" position. The buckles and extension just get in the way.

You'll probably have to piece together parts from different sources to get the configuration you want. You could use the V-Tac buttstock sling adaptor, though that actually connects to the sling on the top of the buttstock. I would suggest contacting Specter Gear about purchasing the AR-15/M16A2 rear sling adapter separately. That adapter has 1.25" wide slots on both sides. Then purchase a GI nylon "silent sling" from any number of places for $5-$10.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 3:43:51 PM EDT
I think you want a Marine Corp sling, the nylon one that can be used "8 different ways", and I think "sirplus" was selling them on the EE not too long ago.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 5:18:58 PM EDT
A couple of options:

- The sling you pictured can be used as a two point, and they are made to be used a 2-point for carry. Just put your arm though the sling between the sling and the receiver and take up the slack.
- The SOC sling from Blue Force Gear can be configured that way.
- Blue Force Gear and Specter sell the attachments separately, you might be able to go a little cheaper by buying just the attachment points and running a normal sling between them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2005 6:43:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/24/2005 6:44:29 PM EDT by CavReconScout]
I have a Boonie Packer two point sling. I actually prefer it on my carbine, and use my Specter Gear SOP on my rifle. You can check it out here.
Top Top